When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold For sale: Persons saddle

-
Price
$50

auto1cycle2

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Persons saddle in good shape, probably the newer version, some blemishes on the front can probably be touched up. E-mail [email protected] or text 864-918-4095 $50

IMG_3043D.JPG

IMG_3044D.JPG

IMG_3045D.JPG

IMG_3046.JPG

IMG_3047D.JPG

IMG_3048D.JPG

IMG_3049D.JPG

Boy am I in agreement with Bobscycles on this one... here in the NW (at one time) those seats went for $100-$125 all day long with guys buying them.... to see one go for $50 (even with the boo boo) is shocking.
But things have changed... I couldnt move two sets of NOS Indianhead Carlise white walls last year where before people threw elbows to get at them. A strange and changing hobby for sure.

Just cleaning out some stuff and with that blemish decided to make someone a better deal. I know they go for around $100 or so.

Those of us with enough moss on the north side of our bark have seen this with other hobbies. Civil War collectibles were reasonably priced, until the doctors and lawyers started paying any ridiculous and astronomical price for the most mundane article. It pushed ordinary young people right out of the market and out of the interest in that history. It’s the same way with car clubs and other organizations. It’s probably a poor example, but here goes: Once upon a time, in a VFW Post on Long Island, late 1960’s, a young soldier came to a general meeting.
He had all the credentials needed to be a member, having served in the jungles of Vietnam a few short months earlier. He wanted to join the men he respected and continue to serve the community he loved. He created quite a stir among the “old timers” and the “greatest generation“ seated there. He was ostracized for his service and on the verge of being literally thrown out of the hall. One comrade actually said, “Well, we just don’t need any more members because we’re doing just fine without these hippie types. We’re making the money we need for our Programs.” My dad was last to speak, because he went through the same gauntlet as a Korean War veteran fifteen short years earlier and he had to learn his place... “Comrades. If we don’t welcome these young people into our VFW Post, we as an organization are sure to fail in short time. If we don’t accept this man I will quit this organization never to return.” They reluctantly accepted that young soldier, who remained in the community FD and the VFW. But the damage was done. Today that same Post, like so many others, are facing closing their doors forever because they only have 5 active members. And Civil War items are being thrown out by surviving family members because they either don’t know what’s in their hands or they just can’t be bothered with it.
Kudos for offering the great deal on the seat. There’s a message in that.

Back