When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1942 Mercury Pacemaker

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
$2100 (OBO) + you pay shipping
Zipcode

hawkster19

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Sometimes you have to acknowledge that your addiction has become unsustainable without funding itself, at least partially. I thought of selling some of my other 300 bikes and easing into the selling portion of my life but I think my addiction needs more of a "ripping the Band-aid off" type of moment. Otherwise, my family will be saddled with every collection I have.

For your consideration is this original paint 1942 Mercury Pacemaker. It has a gorgeous patina which looks even better in person. The particulars:

- the seat in the images is not original to the bike but I will include the original at the full asking price. This seat is the exact same as what came on the bike, just much nicer.
- the grips currently on here are nice repops but I do have the original ones somewhere although they are in pieces. You can have those too but they are a mess (if I can find them).
- everything is original to this bike except the fender ornament (which I believe to be a tarnished repop), the rear reflector, Safety Town badge, tires, and of course the grips and seat as mentioned above.
- oh yeah, the stand and clip are also not original although they are correct for this year. The clip is on there with a self drilling screw but could be welded if that bothers you. The little bar which would have held the clip to the fender is there so welding would be easy. I just felt the screw would keep the paint from being scorched accidentally.
- tires are nice, pliable Carlisle Lightnings. I ride vintage rubber unlike a lot of others and I have and would ride these without worry. But they are vintage rubber so you've at least been briefed.
- the entire bike was disassembled, painted parts rubbed down with linseed, all bearings cleaned and greased, and the bike rides very well.
- shroud is cracked on the left side as pictured. The rest is solid. The original lenses are even still intact but do have some cracking. Just to make sure they didn't crack off since I ride my bikes, I put some washers on there as you can see. If you're just displaying the bike those could come off.
- I can get whatever images you want and if you're serious. I detailed all the worst aspects but as you can see it's a solid, gorgeous, original bike that doesn't come up for sale often.

I'm asking $2100 as it sits, $1800 if I keep the seat pictured (the original seat stays with the bike), Safety Town Badge, and rear reflector which aren't original to the bike anyway. I may be open to offers but no trades. Plus you pay shipping. I may go to the Portland swap this week and I could bring the bike there and save the shipping cost for you and hassle for me. I'm open to discussion about getting this to someone without me having to ship it. But I don't want to haul it over there simply for tire kickers.

Sorry for the novel and thanks for looking!

DSC_6989.jpg

DSC_6993.jpg

DSC_6998.jpg

DSC_7000.jpg

DSC_7001.jpg

DSC_7004.jpg

Back