When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Poor Boys Sting Ray ---Back In The Day

-

Goldenrod

I live for the CABE
I stopped at a garage sale where three adults were selling their decesed mother's things and their three old bikes. One was a pig bike (Schwinn frame decorated with fast back parts), one great Sears fastback and this bike. The owners said that they wanted a Schwinn but their parents were poor so they got what the family could afford. I gave away the other two bikes to a random seller/collector at the Blue Moon show in Sycamore, IL.,

years ago. I wanted to keep one to remind me of the story. I violated the rules by posting on the Schwinn thread but I am sure that there is a CABE member who only got his Schwinn after he was an adult, because it happens in Whizzerland. The seat needed new padding so the plastic skin was put in near boiling water and taken off then replaced with the new padding in the same way. I know that parts are not correct but the kids that stay at our rental beach house grab it to ride and see what cool was like in the use-to-be.

It's a Schwinn stingray and other muscle bike thread forum, you did good. Neat Columbia muscle bike.

Looks cool! And in good shape.
Here is my Playbike, some assembly required!!

Green Columbia Playbike.jpg

Reactions: JLF
Back