When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

54 Evans Colson springer

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

mrg

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Look thru the archives and threads here and can't find a breakdown of the lower section/dogbones, got this in pieces and trying to figure out how to reassemble, really different! anyone have a detailed view, pictures, any help, seems like 2 of the shoulder nuts ( not shoulder bolts ) screw right on the axles?
1598589749623.png

Last edited:
That's a good angle, I hope I have all the parts, that's all I got and was together before shipping, don't know why it was taken apart to ship but everything was taken apart so trying to figure out a bag of nuts & bolts .Thanks

Last edited:
Thanks Martin, that's a even better angle, these were in one bag but not sure what they're for, don't look like anything in the closeup, no crown lock nuts so far tho.

Last edited:
Well, JCH beehive springer is kinda a pain with a few versions and Snyder even more with different versions and that spacer on the axle but this particular version of the Evans/Colson has been a challenge, don't think it has been together correctly for years and missing lock nuts and probably some spacers but now seems like it takes a longer axle as I'm running out of threads, the struts, threaded shoulder nut, dog bone, lock nut and maybe some washers, ( pic of Fltwd57's axle does look longer ) I have seen longer replacement axles?, It came to me with standard axle so not sure how it worked. somewhere there's got to be parts list-assembly pics or something, I've even looked for the patent for a pic.

Maybe should have started this in the project thread, Think I figured out I need at least a 6 in. axle ( seems like normal is 5 1/4 -1/2, so searched all my bikes and rims and only found one 6 in. axle but it's a union brand and has different threads and with a 1 in. wide shoulder nut screwing on both ends of the axle it's got to be exact.

Back