When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Davis Drop Stand

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Can someone please comment on what is the correct finish on these drop stands for Harley bicycles? Plated or black paint? It looks like I am in need of a better patina match example for this bike!

Harley catalogs state “white nickel”. Nobody has ever given me a clear definition of what that is. With that said, one of my original bikes is painted black, and the other appears to be nickel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, the catalog spec sheet says, white nickel, which I think is just nickel plating that hasn’t been polished.
So it has kind of a frosted look to it.
Although, some models in the catalog have a black stand that I think, was Parkerized.
If you’re building a Motorcyke, then White Nickel is the finish.
1917/18 got a three sided window Davis drop stand plate.
1918-21 got a four sided window Davis drop stand plate.
1918 being a transitional year, so it could of had either type.
Don’t quote me on this, because I’ve been known to be wrong in the past.
But, I’m always willing to learn.
So please feel free to correct me if this info doesn’t jive with what you’ve been told.

From a 1918 Davis catalog scan, from who I can't remember downloaded it, sorry, showed some of the jobbers bikes and parts. I have a 19 Davis built Thistle arch bar, and have used this to find correct parts and verify correct parts I have. Four sided stand shown in black finish and all bright parts call for heavy nickel, just an artist rendering so I'm sure there are other finishes used. The stand I bought doesn't show any black paint, but who knows, it's 100 years old. Just thought I'd share what I have seen. Harley may have had their own specs through Davis.
Screenshot_20201116-011346.png

Screenshot_20201116-011358.png

Back