When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Fair Lady

-

HARPO

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
This was advertised for less than an hour and I was the first to jump on it seeing only two photos. Thankfully I got an immediate response that I could come see it the next day (yesterday).

After looking closely at the two photos before going to get the bike, I hadn't realized the accessories that were on the bike (besides the basket). There was a Schwinn headlight and what appeared to be an electric horn. Having no idea if they worked (I still don't, as I haven't tried them yet), I figured this was really going to be a great deal...and it was. No rips in the seat, and even the tires are original to the bike. In all, it's as it left the dealer show floor. If someone can tell me the exact date by the serial number, I would appreciate it.

I was happy to hand over the $100 asking price, as I was told there were a lot of people who wanted the bike. And to make the trip there (lol, 2.5 miles from my house), I also bought a Moulton...for $40. (See my other Post on that bike :p ).

What's the matter, everyone too busy to give some love to a nice Fair Lady? Well, I'll bite, especially since I have parted out my share of them and then some! It's how I funded my addiction when I got back into the vintage Schwinn hobby. This is a nice example, and I see no reason why it won't clean up splendidly. The seat is probably worth what you paid for the entire bike, and there is so much more. Bonus that it popped up so close to home with another sweet find ready to be saved. Nice examples of Fair Ladys are starting to get hard to find.

What's the matter, everyone too busy to give some love to a nice Fair Lady? Well, I'll bite, especially since I have parted out my share of them and then some! It's how I funded my addiction when I got back into the vintage Schwinn hobby. This is a nice example, and I see no reason why it won't clean up splendidly. The seat is probably worth what you paid for the entire bike, and there is so much more. Bonus that it popped up so close to home with another sweet find ready to be saved. Nice examples of Fair Ladys are starting to get hard to find.

It's cleaning up beautifully so far. And I opened the headlight and horn doors, figuring to see rust and decay. I was shocked to see that a battery wasn't even used, or if it was, it was for a short period of time.

Cleanup/detailing/greasing is almost done. And now that I've had time to go over the entire bike...it's truly a time capsule. Nothing was ever done to the bike except to ride it. The original rear slick shows some cracking after 51 years, but overall much less wear and tear than expected. Typical girls bike! ;)

Cleaned up better than even I thought it would... :)

I would say that price for the yellow deluxe seat with your pan was more about it being a Deluxe seat that looked almost perfect than the pan. I'm really interested in buying the seat off of you IF you were going to part this out.

Back