When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rocket: Made in England Barn Find

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

thefarmgirlha

On Training Wheels
My husband found this bike in a barn that we now own. I am wondering what we have here and if it's worth anything. On the headbadge it says "Rocket Made in England" with a rocket and crown on it. I have googled and not found any information. Thanks for your help!

Capture.PNG

Reactions: JLF
Should be a date stamped on the rear hub- Sturmey Archer 3 speed (more than likely) and most likely made by Raleigh. They had several brands under their umbrella. Not really worth a lot, but could be cleaned up and ridden with a little elbow grease. Could be a decent rider...

If those wheel reflectors are original to the bike that would indicate it would be close to a 1977 and newer model.

Another one of these, the male version, was recently posted in another thread:
My guess is they're from the '50's, built by Hercules or Phillips. Not terribly valuable, but good bikes and something you don't see every day.

-----

Is the three-speed trigger marked Joannou?

The J&G Joannou company initiated the large scale importation of British three-speeds into the U.S. shortly after the close of the second world war.

Scout may have been one of their badges.

Fork crown and its cap are consistent with one employed by Hercules at one time. Possible it may have been a Hercules built cycle done for Joannou.

Not valuable but perchance of interest to one of the forum's numerous three-speed enthusiasts...

-----

Back