When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let’s see your best original Schwinn find

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Nicest Schwinn find? Would have to be this damn near NOS 63 Continental Tourist. Literally no wear on tires, grips or pedals. Now in my buddy’s great collection.

Down the street from my house, my son found this 1940 Majestic Schwinn. It had clean batteries that had the warning, "Use before Dec.1942". Most of the skirt

strings were still on it. It was hung up in two garages all these years thirty miles from where it was made. I bought an atomic jet pedal car also.

I have a few nice Schwinns. I sold one of the Jags, still have the Panthers. I added the 2 speed, bell, hubcaps on the red/black Panther, put new tires on, but all parts appear to be original. I may have upgraded the fenders on the green Panther, I actually forget because I sold it for a few years, and bought it back. OG is quite difficult to determine unless bought from the original owner. So many people upgrade parts, add accessories, do personal tweaks.

P1010005.JPG

IMG_0442.JPG

IMG_0447.JPG

IMG_0448.JPG

pan 2 clay.JPG

panny 1.JPG

Since the word “find” indicates that you were the one that brought the bike into the hobby/collectors circle, and most of my bikes were acquired from other collectors, or from eBay.
I’d have to say that my 1938/39 Schwinn Paramount, Sports Tourist model was my best original find.
Although, I didn’t exactly find this bike.
I got it, by way of a tip from a fellow Cabe’r.
@sarmisluters passed the tip on to me, that a coworker of his had a family heirloom bicycle that he wanted to sell, and thought that I might be interested in it.
Since it never hurts to take a look, I asked to see some pictures.
The bike was thought to be from the 1940’s, but to my surprise, I could see that it was in fact a first generation Sports Tourist Paramount.
These bikes were an expensive special order model when new, so very few of them were sold originally, and even fewer of them remain to be seen today.
My interest was piqued immediately.
So I arranged to meet with the owner after work, and struck a deal that we were both pleased with.
He said the bike had been bought new by a friend of his fathers who he used to ride with regularly, and had bequeathed it to him when he passed away.
The original owner was a Dentist from Santa Monica, California, which makes sense, since you would probably need some discretionary income to purchase a bike like this, in the Great Depression era of the late 1930’s.
I gave the bike a thorough servicing, and have been riding it regularly every since.

Thank you, Sarmis!
I really appreciate the call on this one.

Last edited:
Since the word “find” indicates that you were the one that brought the bike into the hobby/collectors circle, and most of my bikes were acquired from other collectors, or from eBay.
I’d have to say that my 1938/39 Schwinn Paramount, Sports Tourist model was my best original find.
Although, I didn’t exactly find this bike.
I got it, by way of a tip from a fellow Cabe’r.
@sarmisluters passed the tip on to me, that a coworker of his had a family heirloom bicycle that he wanted to sell, and thought that I might be interested in it.
Since it never hurts to take a look, I asked to see some pictures.
The bike was thought to be from the 1940’s, but to my surprise, I could see that it was in fact a first generation Sports Tourist Paramount.
These bikes were an expensive special order model when new, so very few of them were sold originally, and even fewer of them remain to be seen today.
My interest was piqued immediately.
So I arranged to meet with the owner after work, and struck a deal that we were both pleased with.
He said the bike had been bought new by a friend of his fathers who he used to ride with regularly, and had bequeathed it to him when he passed away.
The original owner was a Dentist from Santa Monica, California, which makes sense, since you would probably need some discretionary income to purchase a bike like this, in the Great Depression era of the late 1930’s.
I gave the bike a thorough servicing, and have been riding it regularly every since.View attachment 1267733
View attachment 1267740
Thank you, Sarmis!
I really appreciate the call on this one.

Marty, I sort of wished you had kept the thin leather wrapped bars as it was found as a homage to the bike’s amazing survival of all those years.
We don’t have to always follow the catalog specs as our bible ? [emoji41][emoji120]
Take care of that bike until the next caretaker pries it away from you ?

Last edited:
Back