When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gus Salmon decals

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
As far as I know Crawford only does vinyl unless he now does water slide? V/r Shawn

Can’t say anything negative about Gus. He did one heck of a job on my Spitfire decals and was very fair in pricing.

Reactions: Gus
Well, looks like this guy is going around the web spreading seeds of hate just because he wore me out with questions and specifics about paint which is not even my field. Then after 2 weeks he comes back to nag me and doesn't kindly asks but says What's the status? LOL status of what said, then he went on to waste my time again.
Been doing this as a hobby for near 4 decades and had to highlight that I am not a decal store (Vendor as he calls it), that I do this for a limited group of people which is absolutely true. Time waster Beware!

Last edited:
Well, looks like this giy is going around the web spreading seeds of hate just because he wore me out with questions and specifics about paint which is not even my field. Then after 2 weeks he comes back to nag me and doesn't kindly asks but says Waht's the status? LOL status of what said, then he went on to waste my time again. Beware!

This is the only place. I tried to place an order last Tuesday, 5 days ago. No need to exaggerate. Not seeds of hate, just looking for your reasoning of why you didn't want to do business. I was ready to give you credit card info because I liked your product and seemed highly regarded. Yes, I asked a lot of questions because I'm unfamiliar with the process. If this is how you treat customers that are new to the business I'll gladly go elsewhere and tell others to do the same. This is a small community.

@twinflight, From what I heard, Gus is really good and uses original decals to make his. I've never used his, but I did seek him out once because I was looking for a hard to find decal, that he wasn't able to make because he didn't have an original of the particular decal and I didn't either...However, he did try and he was really cool about trying to help me, but as I said it is one of those rare hard to find decals and I didn't have one for him to use to make one. @Gus really is a good guy and hopefully you can try to reconcile with him and get things worked out. If your able to find an original of the decal your looking for, from what I know Gus can make it. You can also ask Dan, aka @bicyclebones ...he has some very nice decals too, he's on here (The Cabe). He is also on ebay with the same username. If not him, he may be able to lead you to someone who can.

[mention]atencioee [/mention] I appreciate your input. Bicycle Bones has a good selection but none were an exact match.

It’s very frustrating because I was getting conflicting information from another mechanic, my father-in-law, I’m working with versus what Gus was telling me. My FIL is very old school and was telling me to sand off the decals, Gus said to do it chemically. So yeah, lots of questions when how you were initially told to prep the frame is thrown out the window. I trusted Gus’ expertise.

Moving on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not an expert on decal removal, and I'm not sure what or why was communicated, but it could that if you sanded them off, you would mess up the decal. Gus was probably trying to get you to use something that would remove the decal without destroying it, so that you could send it to him and he could make an exact repro from the OG.

Well if you sand the decals the paint will be ruined unless you are gonna repaint the bike. By using a chemical means like Solvaset that may attack the decal film by softening it and making it easy to lift without damaging the paint providing the decal is not sealed with a clear coat.

Glad it fit, happy to help.

I got a few left (3) Spitfire script decals and a few Schwinn Seat Tube water slide decals, if anyone is interested in buying those, please PM me. Thanks in advance.

View attachment 1131604

Glad it fit, happy to help.

I got a few left (3) Spitfire script decals and a few Schwinn Seat Tube water slide decals, if anyone is interested in buying those, please PM me. Thanks in advance.

View attachment 1131604

Good work my friend..have you ever made "Deluxe" stickers or be intrested in making some ? Im working on a 46 Schwinn/BFG. Thank you..stay healthy.

Well, looks like this guy is going around the web spreading seeds of hate just because he wore me out with questions and specifics about paint which is not even my field. Then after 2 weeks he comes back to nag me and doesn't kindly asks but says What's the status? LOL status of what said, then he went on to waste my time again.
Been doing this as a hobby for near 4 decades and had to highlight that I am not a decal store (Vendor as he calls it), that I do this for a limited group of people which is absolutely true. Time waster Beware!
Still trying to get some schwinn decals made, got photos and sample repo decal, gus was not interested. Really wish he would help!

Back