When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When you want a retro ride without worrying about wearing out your vintage bike

-
I have to wonder how the prices of these replica machines compare to buying the same style in a vintage bike? :p It's like going to the county fair midway, I want try riding each one !

These bikes are a modern replica of the BMX, Cook Brothers Racing, 26” Strand Cruiser, that was built decades ago.
Apparently, there’s enough of a demand for the limited availability of these classic BMX Cruisers to drive prices into the stratosphere.
So, one of the local builders here, decided to satisfy that demand, by making a limited edition of the classic, Cook Brothers Racing BMX 26” Cruiser.

The Johnny True Torch, Cruiser, retails for about $2,000

Check out these handlebars. ^
Now, take a look at this eBay result from about an hour ago!

Holy Sh*##!

Well, it doesn’t look like the Fake Bike has hurt the value of the original product in the least.
So, if you don’t have the good fortune to own the original, the fake one, is the next best thing. :cool:

Last edited:
I have to wonder how the prices of these replica machines compare to buying the same style in a vintage bike? :p It's like going to the county fair midway, I want try riding each one !

Hi,

I've been unable to find my priced catalogue, but generally less than the cost of the handlebars above!

I remember thinking that I'd seen nice original versions of the same bikes at similar prices, but then these are built individually to your requirements. Then, of course, on this side of the Atlantic, we have to factor in availability of this type of bike, and importation costs, which makes them good value, if what you want is something useable that looks right.

(Please note: I have no relationship with this company).

Best Regards,

Adrian

I upgraded the original single tube 28” wheel set on my 1932 Rollfast with a modern 700cx38 Nexus 3 speed wheel set with an ItchiBike skip tooth cog adapter to use the original Harris chainring. Looks like an 88 year old bike but rides like a new bike!
View attachment 1271783

View attachment 1271784

View attachment 1271785
Our late friend Mike Leebolt, TR6SC, had a sweet cruiser 37 Silver King that he stuck a Nexus 5 (?) speed or maybe 8 speed and that made it a reasonable hill climber of those of us who qualify as 'vintage riders' ourselves.;)

I had a chance to ride it a few times.
1600817062908.png

Last edited:
Back