When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1962 Heavy Duty Wasp

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

prewarmachine

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Just picked this up. Bendix model K front hub, kickback rear that needs attention. Cool Denver license plates. Was used on a newspaper route.

Has anyone seen a bicycle shop decal like the one on it? I'd like to find out what shop had it at some point if I can. Looks like _IPPER'S Bicycles. I think it says "Denver 7-4533" Colfax is the street name.

Any info or comments would be great!

20201018_103537.jpg

20201018_103556.jpg

20201018_103610.jpg

20201018_103622.jpg

20201018_103638.jpg

I was kind of disappointed that the front fender and truss rods were missing, but with that front skirt, I imagine the newsboy probably did that to make room for a carrier and bags to hold the papers. Neat little accessory that I want to make fitting on this bike again.

I was kind of disappointed that the front fender and truss rods were missing, but with that front skirt, I imagine the newsboy probably did that to make room for a carrier and bags to hold the papers. Neat little accessory that I want to make fitting on this bike again.
Nice find. I just got this 61 Wasp from Pueblo Colorado, about 40 miles South of Aurora. It also had license plate tags but from Colorado Springs.

2E85A8FE-F725-40D1-A519-2D136365CAAB.png

0D960657-29D2-474E-A60C-DE51ED426C85.png

081ACD9D-70CF-490B-87EF-3B9CE7B3A85C.png

I believe that's "Pepper's Bicycles". I have a 5 speed Corvette from the same shop on page 5 of the Registry thread, and there's a (slightly blurry) picture of the decal. If you want, I'll try to get a better one.

The Wasps and Heavy Dutys were middleweight framed bicycles. The had heavy duty hubs with 120 gauge spokes and a heavy duty "saddle."

@Oilit I think you are spot on with the bicycle shop decal! Very excited to get that figured out! If it isn't too much trouble, when you have a chance, could you possibly PM me a clear shot of that decal?

Back