When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do I remove a front springer from the frame on a sears or murray MX bike or screamer

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
It looks to me like if you remove the forks there is a plate that holds it ,that goes on before the bearing race. I'm not sure it may be permanently atrached but I highly doubt it. As a last resort just start taking it apart and remember how it goes back together just in case. Take pics

There are capped pushnuts on the rod that goes through the fork and the spring. If you can wiggle one of the pushnuts off, you can push the rod through and remove the spring. You may want to clamp the spring to the fork in some way while you do that. Maybe put something between the spring and the fork to protect the paint if you can. Sometimes putting it back together is tricky without damaging the paint.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. Yes I am trying t remove the front springer. I was trying to figure out how to get the caps off. I want to remove the springer so I can paint the frame.
Thanks

Gently work your way around one of the caps with a thin screwdriver or putty knife carefully prying it off. Try both ends, maybe one will cooperate better than the other.

Back