When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

65 and up stingray seat differences

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Notagamerguy

Wore out three sets of tires already!
hello im just curious if there is a thred about all the difference between schwinn stingray seats throughout the years.

Im not talking about reproduction seats from the 90s but the subtle changes from 65 to the mid 70s. I have a slight understanding but im just want to confirm with other since most of the bike i deal with arnt untouch.

Reactions: mrg
I found this on Instagram today

Screenshot_20201126-103216_Instagram.jpg

Stingray seats from 65 till the end were the same shape pan as you can see the bracket changed. The coverings came in a couple of different styles, tufted , smooth,some padded on the sides and some not. A bunch of different finishes .There were 3 different sissy bars.

Stingray seats from 65 till the end were the same shape pan as you can see the bracket changed. The coverings came in a couple of different styles, tufted , smooth,some padded on the sides and some not. A bunch of different finishes .There were 3 different sissy bars.
I thought the earlier seat pans are taller in the sides

The real early 63/64 are a completely different shape like a foot ball. You may be right about the height of the pan, hopefully someone will chime in there are a bunch of guys who will know. They are probably under the horrors of digestion it could be awhile.

Do 65-67 have the same seat tags on back? Is the tuffed seat vinyl the same color?

I believe they do, yes the tuffted same as regular white only in '65 silverglow in '66/'67. What I'm reading the colored seats those years were aftermarket and I would imagine dealers would have put tags on them. Again I'm far from expert hopefully someone corrects me if i'm wrong.

I found this on Instagram today

View attachment 1307281
I wish the photo had better clarity, I found it tonight on IG, Cycle Trash, to try and see if pix were better, not much better. Between 65-67 and the 68-69 it is hard to decipher the detailed difference between with the seat cluster pan bracket, the nose area whether It is a bent clip or what. If any one here has a clearer photo a side by side, that would excellent.

Back