When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Schwinn Apple coaster Krate build

-
Nice find, The rear would be a S-2 and if thats a 1970 it would have the bendix 70 rear hub Look for a bendix 70 USA they are more desirable then mexico version
Are'nt the 68 and later krates use the s7 back wheels? I found a set of the s7 wheels I believe they are for the 69 and later coaster krate, but I may be wrong about this. Please enlighten us to the truth of this matter. Thanks. Razin.

Are'nt the 68 and later krates use the s7 back wheels? I found a set of the s7 wheels I believe they are for the 69 and later coaster krate, but I may be wrong about this. Please enlighten us to the truth of this matter. Thanks. Razin.
I haven't read anything about S7 being used in the rears post 68, just S2's. Where did you see this info at? I can't find anything on it.

I built up a 68 Orange Krate and I just thought they used s7's. Not set in stone, just something i heard years ago building custom bikes.
I know the front uses an S7, but had never heard that the rear used that as well. So I did some digging and all I could find was that the krates and stingrays used S2 in the rear and S7 up front unless the bike was a Junior model, then there would be a S7 in the rear as well. Hopefully that's correct and some of the schwinn experts here can verify that, sine I just bought an S2 rim. Now I need the 28 Spoke Red Band Bendix and put it together. Which I have no idea how to do.

So I have found the Red Band Bendix should be here next week, the rim is here now. It's in good shape from what I can tell, its stamped 72. I've never laced a wheel, does anyone know what the correct nipples and spokes are for this wheel?

So now I'm down to the a few things.
69-73 Front Fender (rider quality)
Spokes and nipples for rear wheel
Rear tire
Chain

So I have found the Red Band Bendix should be here next week, the rim is here now. It's in good shape from what I can tell, its stamped 72. I've never laced a wheel, does anyone know what the correct nipples and spokes are for this wheel?

So now I'm down to the a few things.
69-73 Front Fender (rider quality)
Spokes and nipples for rear wheel
Rear tire
Chain
I have a chain,but I need to know how long or how many links the chain would be? I also have a Gripper slick, one red line and one white line. Razin.

I have a chain,but I need to know how long or how many links the chain would be? I also have a Gripper slick, one red line and one white line. Razin.
I dont know on the chain yet, I will have to wait until the rear tire is mounted. As for the tire, were these bikes gripper or slik from the factory? The images i've seen show the white lettered slik.

Back