When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can I vent for a second?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
My story is different, we all get mad when a stranger burns ya. How mad do you get when family screws ya. I was trying to buy this 1967 Coronet RT off my buddy who owed me 100 favors. My sister and her son were visiting one evening when the phone rings, It's my buddy Gary he said I could buy the RT if I brought the money first thing in the morning, I said I'd be there at 9am. My sister's son heard the whole conversation and asked where Gary was living now. I told him and thought nothing of it. They left and I told my wife we had to get up early to go get the RT. In the morning I got up, hooked up the trailer and off we went. Drove 1 hr. with cash in hand. When I backed the trailer into Gary's driveway he came out of the house and asked what I was doing, I said I came to get the car. He said my nephew stopped last night and bought the car. He said I told him it was OK with me. It took me a long time to get over that one. Bloods thicker than water I guess. My buddy still owes me the 100 favors thow. My nephew still owns the car and every time I see it I get a little mad. So toco every time you see a cycle truck it will remind you of that bad deal.
That is LOWER than LOW to have your Nephew burn you like that. I'd have a little chat with your Sister. Unacceptable. I would waste my breath talking to the weasel her Son/your Nephew, but put the screws to your Sister IF she was witness and she deems that move ok? Jeez....I'd write them both off. Your buddy was "scammed/lied to" so it's not his fault. He should have taken the liar to task though and cancelled the deal the next day. It's one thing to have a stranger hoop you, but Family? Jeezz..... I know it happens all the time, money and greed turn families into a war zone, never talking again. What a world? That said, I wouldn't want to set eyes on that creep of a Nephew EVER again. If your Sister can't see the problem, she's a loser too.

Here is a Christmas story of family screwing each other, this time not my family. My buddys grandmother who doesn't have much needed some money for Xmas. She did everything for everybody all the time. My buddy brought me over to buy some of her antiques, I spent about 500$ on misc. stuff. I know I paid to much for some items but she was a real nice lady and it was Xmas. I offered her 600$ for a 12 pain stepback cupboard, this was when antique furniture brought stupid money. Her granddaughter said grandma I've always loved that cupboard it reminds me of Xmas at your house I want it. Grandma says to me I can't sell you that cupboard. I'm giving it to my granddaughter. They loved and hugged each other.
I said thats fine, I paid her, we had coffee and cookies loaded my stuff and went home. The next day THE NEXT DAY the granddaughter called me and said bring that 600$ over to her house for the cupboard. I said your grandma gave it to you cuz it ment so much to you. She said just bring the money. Your going to screw your grandmother like that after all she has done for you. I said your a real P.O.S. Goodluck selling your cupboard! Merry F---ing Christmas.
Amazing. Some people just don't "get it". No conscience. Glad you set the Granddaughter straight. What a Troll she is. It would be cruel to let the Grandma know what a slime bucket her Granddaughter is, but I'm sure Karma will even the score. Usually does.

Speaking of karma...it is strange how that works.
My wife was given her grandmother's diamond and wedding rings after she passed. Her cousin asked to see it (years ago...teenagers), cousin left and stole them.
Cousin claims she put back in jewelry box but did not. That cousin's never married and lots of bad luck.
Same with me...after graduation my then "best" friend wanted to see my gold class ring as he couldn't afford one. I was distracted for a minute, he said "I put your ring in your glove box". Later I checked, it was gone. I never left car and he stole it.
I haven't seen him all these years until recently. I didn't recognize him, in terrible health.
I can think of many examples of bad karma.

Sent from my SM-S205DL using Tapatalk

Nashman I agree with everything you said. My nephew has gone thru his whole life doing crappy stuff to alot of people. I fell for it alot giving him the benefit of the doubt. He wanted a cool car to drive on prom nite so my sister asked me if he could use my 68 roadrunner I said only if there was no drinking and be careful. I said thats alot of car for a young kid. I cleaned it, filled it with the good fuel. They came out on prom morning and picked it up. My brother and I have built and drag raced alot of cars in the tri state area, we know all the car guys and they know us. My brother put a 440 4 speed in a 59 Austin Healey and named it 59 Brutt. For about a week after prom night thats all I heard was about my roadrunner doing burnouts all over town. It was returned with no gas and filthy. He got me again. My brother died a few years ago and somehow my nephew ended up with the Austin Healey.
He still lives at home no girls would marry him he has no friends.KARMA
20201216_165906.jpg

20201216_165516.jpg

Last edited:
My wife was given her grandmother's diamond and wedding rings after she passed. Her cousin asked to see it (years ago...teenagers), cousin left and stole them.
Cousin claims she put back in jewelry box but did not. That cousin's never married and lots of bad luck.
Same with me...after graduation my then "best" friend wanted to see my gold class ring as he couldn't afford one. I was distracted for a minute, he said "I put your ring in your glove box". Later I checked, it was gone. I never left car and he stole it.
I haven't seen him all these years until recently. I didn't recognize him, in terrible health.

Karma is a bitch, but I love it. I'm too honest but it pays by feeling good and not looking over my shoulder, EVER. Lots of good people experience hardships and bad Karma, but at least they can sleep at night guilt free and look people in the eye with confidence. If the afterlife exists in whatever form or belief ( why wouldn't it?) I'm sure being straight up will be a good thing then as well.

You guys are killing me with all this bad sh**. Luckily I can't relate.

Nashman I agree with everything you said. My nephew has gone thru his whole life doing crappy stuff to alot of people. I fell for it alot giving him the benefit of the doubt. He wanted a cool car to drive on prom nite so my sister asked me if he could use my 68 roadrunner I said only if there was no drinking and be careful. I said thats alot of car for a young kid. I cleaned it, filled it with the good fuel. They came out on prom morning and picked it up. My brother and I have built and drag raced alot of cars in the tri state area, we know all the car guys and they know us. My brother put a 440 4 speed in a 59 Austin Healey and named it 59 Brutt. For about a week after prom night thats all I heard was about my roadrunner doing burnouts all over town. It was returned with no gas and filthy. He got me again. My brother died a few years ago and somehow my nephew ended up with the Austin Healey.
He still lives at home no girls would marry him he has no friends.KARMA
View attachment 1321171

View attachment 1321172
I'm not a violent man, but your Nephew needs a good ass kicking "whupping" by someone. He's a scumbag. You are too nice a guy ( I've been accused of too) and people sense that and take advantage of you. I have yet to be anyones doormat, I tell them to suck eggs. Hopefully you didn't lend him your car after he screwed you on the '67 RT? Nice Healey. Here is my ( ex) Bro in laws. His buddy stole it and wrote it off. Another guy who was taken advantage of. That was about 10 years ago, and it's still wrecked and he's fighting with the insurance company. His "buddy" walked away and has never been punished.

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

I called on a pair of Raleigh Roadsters on Craig’s List, gal told me they were both available, and I told her I wanted one. I was at work and asked her if I could come over after dinner. She said fine.
The gal called at home, and told me one sold (I was leaning toward the one that didn’t sell, and had told her that) and was I still interested? Of course I was. She asked me how interested, as it was an hour drive for me ( she knew that) and I told her I was very interested, and I was coming.
She held it for me. I paid her the full price, and got to meet her Dad, the original purchaser. We had a little conversation, and I thanked her. The bike was a 1980, and almost new.
I’ve missed on a few, but, honestly, it is usually because I dawdled on a deal, way more common I think, then bad sellers.

C3B51532-7B13-4DE6-8860-82D61F440295.jpeg

My story is different, we all get mad when a stranger burns ya. How mad do you get when family screws ya. I was trying to buy this 1967 Coronet RT off my buddy who owed me 100 favors. My sister and her son were visiting one evening when the phone rings, It's my buddy Gary he said I could buy the RT if I brought the money first thing in the morning, I said I'd be there at 9am. My sister's son heard the whole conversation and asked where Gary was living now. I told him and thought nothing of it. They left and I told my wife we had to get up early to go get the RT. In the morning I got up, hooked up the trailer and off we went. Drove 1 hr. with cash in hand. When I backed the trailer into Gary's driveway he came out of the house and asked what I was doing, I said I came to get the car. He said my nephew stopped last night and bought the car. He said I told him it was OK with me. It took me a long time to get over that one. Bloods thicker than water I guess. My buddy still owes me the 100 favors thow. My nephew still owns the car and every time I see it I get a little mad. So toco every time you see a cycle truck it will remind you of that bad deal.
I'd be down a sister and nephew forever over some crap like that. Sorry blood is not thicker than water to me. Anyone, including family, that screws me like that is no longer a part of my life--sometimes that in itself is a blessing! V/r Shawn

Maybe the best idea (of course, easy to say after the fact) would have been to simply drive over immediately (after Gary said car was picked up) to sister's house with car trailer and a check. "Hey Sis! Just wanted to thank you guys soooooo much for picking up MY RT! That was so kind of you! Oh...here's your money you paid Gary. Once loaded up we'll be outta here in a few...Thanks again, Sis!"

Back