When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Legnano info and evaluation

-

marius.suiram

I live for the CABE
Maybe somebody can help with this one

I saw a nice “Legnano” head badge and decided to look it up; (and found out some interesting information about Frederick the barbarian). Apparently an Italian bicycle.

I've been casually looking for a Legnano for some time, but the ones in my size (59-62cm) are uncommon, to say the least. Not sure of the model though it looks like the Mod 50 featured on Classic Rendezvous. Yours is the desirable color with chrome lugs. Unfortunately I can't give a useful estimate of value - someone else may be helpful on that.

I've been casually looking for a Legnano for some time, but the ones in my size (59-62cm) are uncommon, to say the least. Not sure of the model though it looks like the Mod 50 featured on Classic Rendezvous. Yours is the desirable color with chrome lugs. Unfortunately I can't give a useful estimate of value - someone else may be helpful on that.
Thank you for your input.
I will check the Mod 50.

-----

looks to be an early 1960's condorino model

usually such models come ex-works with mudguards and chainguard. no evidence of chainguard brackets here.

the welded stem/bar set likely from either Varese or Schierano.
hand grips are REG brand (Rampinelli).

hubs not shown well enough in images for positive ID. regardless of how badged likely maker is Fratelli Brivio (FB). the axle locknuts may reveal a specific year:

headset is Way-Assauto
suspect the "arrows" chainset from this firm as well
Bozzi employed a good deal of W-A fittings

gear block appears it may be a 4V; likely a Regina 14-22

no shortage of Legnano history & model information here -

-----

Last edited:
-----

plusses for valuation -

marque

degree of completness/originality

absence of damage

FMV estimate "as-is" 340USD

estimate a full part out, not suggested, could generate ~800USD

---

fittings addenda -

hubs appear to be Campag Gran Sport bimetal, item nr. 1006 (produced by FB)
barrels may be marked Legnano

mfr catalogue page of 1960 illustrating the Sport ensemble -

pedals are Way-Assauto, identifyable by dustcaps, these are very nicely made, possible barrels may carry a Legnano mark

machine's non-resident mudguards & chainguard would likely have been provided by Mazzucchelli -

-----

Last edited:
Back