When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn King Size Registry & Research Project

-
The fender can certainly be repaired and S7 rims are readily available. If you’ve been looking this long I’d pay what it takes to get the job done. Anything less than $250-$300, in my book, would be a win.

No question it's a King Size frameset. If that's the correct fenders & guard it's a 1962 as they went to chrome fenders on the American's in 1963 and a guard without the Schwinn shield in 1964. Condition wise, it depends on if you're trying to bring it back to OG or just keep it as a crusty custom rider (they make great taller guy customs) . If you want it to show as original, it's all going to depend on how much of the OG paint and screening is left on the frameset/guard and how much time & money you're willing to put into it to bringing it back. I've been there and it is always best to wait for one that is within 75-80% of original to make bringing it back more cost/time effective. From my perspective the only thing you can be assured is that it's a KS frame/fork which are rare on their own no matter the condition. Worse case a bare metal KS frame/fork is worth around $180-$200, with paint and screening from $250-$400 (close to perfect original paint & screening), repainted I'd say they are worth the same as a bare frame. As a complete based on my assumptions of the condition from the pic's I wouldn't pay more than $250 for the complete bike. By comparison. close to perfect KS originals can go for as high as $700-$900, especially the 1962 KSAHD like I posted at the beginning of this thread. Hope my perspective helps, sorry for the rambling it's my bedtime! Keep us posted.

Last edited:
No question it's a King Size frameset. If that's the correct fenders & guard it's a 1962 as they went to chrome fenders on the American's in 1963 and a guard without the Schwinn shield in 1964. Condition wise, it depends on if you're trying to bring it back to OG or just keep it as a crusty custom rider (they make great taller guy customs) . If you want it to show as original, it's all going to depend on how much of the OG paint and screening is left on the frameset/guard and how much time & money you're willing to put into it to bringing it back. I've been there and it is always best to wait for one that is within 75-80% of original to make bringing it back more cost/time effective. From my perspective the only thing you can be assured is that it's a KS frame/fork which are rare on their own no matter the condition. Worse case a bare metal KS frame/fork is worth around $180-$200, with paint and screening from $250-$400 (close to perfect original paint & screening), repainted I'd say they are worth the same as a bare frame. As a complete based on my assumptions of the condition from the pic's I wouldn't pay more than $250 for the complete bike. By comparison. close to perfect KS originals can go for as high as $700-$900, especially the 1962 KSAHD like I posted at the beginning of this thread. Hope my perspective helps, sorry for the rambling it's my bedtime! Keep us posted.
Thank you for the reply! I'll definitely take all of this into account - still waiting to hear back from the seller but will keep you in the loop.

The shield under the CA in American on the chain guard. It’s the shield they used for The American. Like this one on the seat tube.

A88C4214-20FC-4AEF-ADC3-BB0B3D9C8172.jpeg

I ended up pulling the trigger on my first KSA, going to have my hands full due to the poor condition but look forward to the challenge regardless of which route I go! The serial # is either A234870 or A231870, no matter what lighting I use or if I get (what's left of) the paint wet, etc. I can't seem to make it out.

ATT00001 (5).jpg

ATT00001 (6).jpg

ATT00001 (7).jpg

ATT00001.jpg

Looks like A234870 to me, was it originally red? Would love to see a full picture of it on the chain guard side. Let me know if you want me to add it to the register. Cheers

Back