When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

-
Too my '39 Elgin rat out for a ride yesterday, and well... was less than impressed. I mean it rides nice and all, but nothing spectacular. For that reason, and because I miss my Klunker, I'm going to try it out as a Klunker. Stay tuned for the conversion.

GEDC3940.JPG

Very little snow at 7,000 feet of elevation, so skiing really sucks this year. Not the end of the world, so I broke out the Hawthorne townie and pedaled around town for awhile. Here in the west, it is very dry. Kinda like Lake Tahoe-bleak...Not good, we need snow!
View attachment 1342440
View attachment 1342454
View attachment 1342444
Hate to say it but you might have to break out the "Rock Skis" spent some thin years up there in the late 70's ( the 80's were great ) always kept last years skis around!
1611121290552.png

Took the opportunity to ride my 1919 Mead and reflect on the past year, try to learn from it and be a better person going forward. With a clear sky & temperature around 60° it was going to be a beautiful ride. Until I got into open space where the wind was a steady 23mph with gusts near 40mph. :flushed: The only reflection I had was how much I dislike wind. The cool part was I apparently traveled back in time to the 90's!!:p:p:p

Then stopped for a hand made chocolate covered espresso bean ice cream cone at Scrumptious on the way home. :)

Back