When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bicycle boxes

-

fxo550

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
$136 for 5 boxes i think is a good deal. Now days is hard to find free boxes.

224CC9BF-ED04-4DCE-B7C0-43E8867194CF.png

I have a bike in a TV box and I can say they are not as heavy duty and most are too narrow. Go to Target and Walmart and talk to someone in charge of getting the new bikes unboxed and built and tell them you'll give them a few bucks for their boxes.

The bike shop I used to work at, over 26 years ago, sells boxes for $5/ea, which I have purchased in the past. Driving by a newly opened shop only 2 miles from the previous, I see a stack of boxes outside one day and immediately do a u-turn. While I am outside checking out the boxes one of my, previous to Covid, employees pops out and says she is working at the shop, and the boxes are free! I stuffed the car with the best three and was stoked to save $15 in the process. If the market picks up and I can sell a few more bikes, I will be going to the free bike box store from now on!

Or you could buy these crazy expensive boxes from BikeFlights.

Or these from Uline.

The bike shop I used to work at, over 26 years ago, sells boxes for $5/ea, which I have purchased in the past. Driving by a newly opened shop only 2 miles from the previous, I see a stack of boxes outside one day and immediately do a u-turn. While I am outside checking out the boxes one of my, previous to Covid, employees pops out and says she is working at the shop, and the boxes are free! I stuffed the car with the best three and was stoked to save $15 in the process. If the market picks up and I can sell a few more bikes, I will be going to the free bike box store from now on!

Or you could buy these crazy expensive boxes from BikeFlights.

Or these from Uline.
The downside of buying from Uline is they have a $50 minimum. If you are under it's
a $25 upcharge. My $29 bag of shipping peanuts was $54. Fortunately, they have a huge distribution center near me so pick
up was possible. I can't recall the exact shipping cost, but I do remember it was higher than the bag of peanuts.

Fed Ex sells boxes as well. The last bike I purchased was packed up in one and arrived safe and sound...

I use TV boxes and have had no issues that I am aware of, the 55" TV box seems to be the one to get, smaller sizes are good for bare frames & shipping fender sets, I typically ship a frame in a TV box and then box the wheel set up which is convenient for me, I live in a small town where there really aren't bike shops to get boxes from, we have the rental type stores for furniture and TV's etc. right down the street from me so its pretty easy as I just get them out back, actually last night as a matter of fact I picked up two pristine 55" Tv boxes that will come in handy and the price was right

Back