When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Krate Disc/kickstand interference question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

rpochi

'Lil Knee Scuffer

Excuse the total newb question, but I just relaced my S2 wheel to accept a Krate disc brake onto a 1968 5sp Stingray frame. I aligned the hub so that the wheel would sit center in the frame. Unfortunately now the kickstand bumps into the disc brake hardware in the up position. The kickstand is original to the frame, stamped '8339'. I assume I have to remove some washers/nuts to set the brake hardware deeper into the frame so the kickstand clears, unless Krate bikes used a different type of kickstand. Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.

View attachment 1389104

View attachment 1389105

View attachment 1389106

View attachment 1389108

View attachment 1389109

Excuse the total newb question, but I just relaced my S2 wheel to accept a Krate disc brake onto a 1968 5sp Stingray frame. I aligned the hub so that the wheel would sit center in the frame. Unfortunately now the kickstand bumps into the disc brake hardware in the up position. The kickstand is original to the frame, stamped '8339'. I assume I have to remove some washers/nuts to set the brake hardware deeper into the frame so the kickstand clears, unless Krate bikes used a different type of kickstand. Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Someone here will have one otherwise a couple rough ones on Feebay right now.

Awesome, thanks for the help--That helped me avoid the worse case scenario--mess with a perfectly aligned hub just to realize I needed a different kickstand from the start!

No problem! One thing I'm not 100% sure on, and maybe someone can help, if you need the cam from a Disc Brake Krate too? I might try buying a 365 kickstand and cam, just in case you need it.

Great, I was wondering the same, i'll get one with the cam just in case. I truly was dreading dinking around with the hub again which would have been all for naught!

Back