When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Need Another Price Check, Please...

-

HARPO

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
The seller has stated that the bike is a 1952 model, but that's all. From what I can see (through the rust) from the one photo, she's probably right...and I think it's a Hornet.
The tank is sitting in the basket and all appears to be there except, of course, the head light.

So I ask you guys once again...what do you think it's worth? It started out high at $250, and she's willing to come down to $125 as the bottom price. It's not far from me to go look at, but I don't even know about her bottom line, which still seems a bit much. What do you guys think???

Schwinn.jpg

1952_05.jpg

Yes, $125 is an attractive price, @Shawn Michael . It's probably going to be a parts bike for me...IF it's even in a decent enough condition when I go to see it
(waiting for her to get back to me). Should the rust and paint be worse than I'm thinking, I'll leave it where it is.

Part of the reason I considered the purchase is that the bike and I share the same Birth year. :cool:

It's about a 20 minute drive from my house, so no big deal to go see it. Its been listed a long time, and may continue to be! :) And space is always a question, @Goldenrod1 , since I just sold a bike to make some room. What a disease, lol!!!!

I know it won't come out as nice as this 1955 Hornet I bought a few weeks back for $200, but that's more of a killer deal that doesn't come along to often.

IMG_1515.jpg

I'm going to get it tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed it's as good as I'm hoping. Oh, and the bike, I just found out, is at her boyfriends house. 35 minutes away, but on the way to my daughters house. So I'll combine two trips into one!

Photos in a day or so if I purchase it... :cool:

Back