When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spotting a vintage bicycle addict

-
Here is a pic of the pants I wore yesterday next to the pants Im wearing now.....and no they didnt start out with holes. I have never been one to be prone to vanity of any kind and will usually wear a pair of shoes for 10+ years and pants for 2-3+ years until my wife throws them away.
I wont spend 20 bucks on a pair of pants but I just spent 75 bucks an hour ago on a seat for one of my bikes.

Some might say this is a priority issue, and while that is partially true, I dont care one bit to have nice clothes because at the end of the day, that stuff doesnt mean anything to me. So yeah....correcting and completing my bike means more to me than my own well being.

pants.jpg

Here is a pic of the pants I wore yesterday next to the pants Im wearing now.....and no they didnt start out with holes. I have never been one to be prone to vanity of any kind and will usually wear a pair of shoes for 10+ years and pants for 2-3+ years until my wife throws them away.
I wont spend 20 bucks on a pair of pants but I just spent 75 bucks an hour ago on a seat for one of my bikes.

Some might say this is a priority issue, and while that is partially true, I dont care one bit to have nice clothes because at the end of the day, that stuff doesnt mean anything to me. So yeah....correcting and completing my bike means more to me than my own well being.

View attachment 1391782
Dude! I don't blame your wife one bit! Your giblets must be hangin' outta those jeans!

@fordmike65 - that bike, and background look curiously familiar! That BBQ looks just like the one across from your work bay at the dealership, and I'm certain I've seen that exact bike parked outside the beer pub you frequent... What I can't quite figure out is Luisa letting you go to work with cup-o-noodles for lunch!

View attachment 1391782
DUDE!!! That is so me! Holes in the same spots on my pants from 1992, but because I live in So. Cal, it's mostly this way on shorts. I can't remember the last time I bought new shoes, or pants for that matter, but I can definitely tell you the last part I bought for a bike. ;o)

I'll bet you dimes to donuts that hole at the bottom of the fly is from holding it there to zip up your zipper... all of my jeans and shorts get a hole there for that reason.

DUDE!!! That is so me! Holes in the same spots on my pants from 1992, but because I live in So. Cal, it's mostly this way on shorts. I can't remember the last time I bought new shoes, or pants for that matter, but I can definitely tell you the last part I bought for a bike. ;o)

I'll bet you dimes to donuts that hole at the bottom of the fly is from holding it there to zip up your zipper... all of my jeans and shorts get a hole there for that reason.
Lol! I wore my last pair of Converse shoes until the sole of the shoe just about came off and my wife forced me to buy a new pair but they made it over 10 years. The way i look at it is, it take s long time before a pair of shoes, or a hat, or a pair of pants finally fits right and gets "broken in" and right about that time they start to show their age. Fancy clothes just dont mean anything to me.....not even in the top 10 of my priorities.
Funny enough, the crotch rip is from swinging my leg over a bike because Im only 5'10" I have to do that alot......I have a Hank Hill butt so the strad of my pants sag a bit and causes them to tear when I swing my leg over things.

Come on guys you know that hole is from minor adjustments, we all have to adjust from time to time. I was cutting up a car frame and caught my crotch on fire once, really hurt myself putting out the fire. I wore those pants for a couple more years with a burn hole in them. My fashion hasn't changed since the 50's, T shirt n Jeans, I do have nice funeral and wedding sneakers.

Back