When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spotting a vintage bicycle addict

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Come on guys you know that hole is from minor adjustments, we all have to adjust from time to time. I was cutting up a car frame and caught my crotch on fire once, really hurt myself putting out the fire. I wore those pants for a couple more years with a burn hole in them. My fashion hasn't changed since the 50's, T shirt n Jeans, I do have nice funeral and wedding sneakers.
Told my family they can put me in a suit at my funeral...other than that youre getting tshirt, sneakers and tshirts.

This is an interesting thread and I can honestly relate to it :) I'm pushing 60 and have have a couple of shirts that have lasted 20 years. One was an event shirt and 5 years after the event, the organizer said "you are still wearing that old thing"!! Well, I don't know what she would say if you tacked on another 15 years. Crazy thing too, is buying shoes because it takes me forever to find the right pair, then I don't want to get rid of them. My wife and I had a battle over my last pair of boots and she kept throwing them in the outside trash container and I would retrieve them and surprise her by waiting for awhile then start mysteriously wearing them again. She finally won, though! Then I see a bike item and pull the plug and pony up some funds and then go, "what did I just do?? ", and try to rationalize it by saying "it's ok", you deserve it. My wife then tells me it's ok, you deserve it, anyway:) Great news I heard one time, was that when you retire, the funds that you need for clothing will drop dramatically, I guess that translates as you will have more dollars for hobby stuff!

Bikes in your bedroom

6B36E216-1BBD-414A-B2DC-0C27B2E23DF2.png

Here's a guy who would rather spend his dough on a bike than on a decent lunch. This may warrant an intervention...
View attachment 1391552

View attachment 1391553
I suspect this isn't a case of saving money for the next bike as it is a consequence of having just blown all your money on the last bike. You clearly need help but I don't think you're going to find it here. When you start spending the better part of a week's pay on head badges for bikes you don't even own then you really know you have a problem...

Last edited:
Back