When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1914 Aerothrust

-

RichH

Finally riding a big boys bike
1914 Aerothrust on a 1914 Mead Crusader copied from an original ad
20210418_143736.jpg
20210418_162156~2.jpg

Can we see some close ups of the Aerothrust please. Is that propellor original? Very interesting, thank you for posting.
20210418_143403.jpg
20200120_163909.jpg

This an original motor .They where produced by he Aerothrust Engine co. 1913-1920s. originally from Chicago then moved to LaPorte Ind.They where produced for outboard use but also cited use for bikes icesled and with a different pulley farm machinery.

A person could make a decent copy of that starting with a Maytag model 72. Honestly, I'd be a little afraid of that Prop--1914 is actually relatively early for cast aluminum anything( I think it started circa 1850). Props are subject forces not friendly to porous, or otherwise poor, casting. Very cool though!

Great bike! Those were the days of constant ingenious mechanical development. A gradual evolution with some side tracks that went nowhere or lead to dangerous threats to life and limb. The blade looks to have made contact with something at speed. Missing chunks and repairs and still in one piece?

Just when you’ve thought you’ve seen it all, a guy shows up with a 1914 Aerothrust.
Thanks!
That is dangerously cool!
Since the local bike paths have been overrun with all sorts of motorized vehicles, I’d like to see if the authorities would continue to look the other way, if I was scorching up and down the boardwalk on that bad boy?

Great bike! Those were the days of constant ingenious mechanical development. A gradual evolution with some side tracks that went nowhere or lead to dangerous threats to life and limb. The blade looks to have made contact with something at speed. Missing chunks and repairs and still in one piece?
Thats how they all look the "repair" looking part is where the pouring spurs and risers would have been

Back