When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold Post war CWC boys frame

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
Zipcode
So, you are looking at the last numeral in the serious? Not the first? So this is like Rollfast, rear drop outs still face rear unit the 50s? Either way, it is a good deal.

Good price, nice badge. '47 Post war. mrg called it. The letter "B" in the serial number and the small "w" in th"C" after the serial number back that up. No dropstand ears also backs that up. I don't see the faint "A" before the Cw that Shawn mentions. I'd say trust the Phil chart that Mike posted, until proven otherwise.

Last edited:
I agree, '47. I do believe prewar bikes had dropstand ears. Also It has been established(I think) the the "cw" stamping started in 1947. Ihave read somewhere that it started late in '47, but your B serial would suggest otherwise. I have my own feeling that "A" serials were from the tail of 46 maybe into 47. If "B" was the beginning of '47 then it means that "cw" started with a new year--which makes sense. ( "A" serials from that time don't have "CW") Here is a bad picture of my 46?-47 "A" serial---the frame is just like yours----And yes, KILLER DEAL ON YOUR FRAME! Quick Edit: My frame has no hole in rear fork for chainguard--chainguard has long tab that reaches down to chainstay

Last edited:
Good price, nice badge. '47 Post war. mrg called it. The letter "B" in the serial number and the small "w" in th"C" after the serial number back that up. No dropstand ears also backs that up. I don't see the faint "A" before the Cw that Shawn mentions. I'd say trust the Phil chart that Mike posted, until proven otherwise.
Makes sense, now after knowing all this or being brought to my attention, it does remind me of your post war CWC preserved with an early long spring bike you have. Thx Dave

Back