When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you work on today?

-
Went out to the Garage to finish prepping the last few parts for the Mizutani but as I was moving bikes to get to my bench I got distracted by a Speedster in the line. My friend Damian just finished building a sweet bmx cruiser that gave me ideas to use a stem I've had for a while with the Speedster I keep having to move to make a similar bike....
View attachment 1398313
Speedster from a partial trade...View attachment 1398316

Then added a wheelset with Nexus Inter 7 hub out back that's also been laying around for years with some 26"x1.90" Bontrager Cruiser tires. Gonna try an old Deore XT thumb shifter that flips from friction/7 speed index to work with the hub. Ended up with this...
View attachment 1398326

View attachment 1398327

View attachment 1398328

View attachment 1398331

Need to find a laid back seatpost & bmx fork (wait, what? You have one to spare? How much?) to complete what I had in mind. Kind of in between a klunker & bmx with the 7 speeds. We'll see where it ends up when it's time to build it!;)

Also tried out some bars I found at the co-op on the Elgin Dirt Tracker.
View attachment 1398347

View attachment 1398348

View attachment 1398349

View attachment 1398350

Bikes are so much fun!:laughing::laughing::p:p:yum::yum:
@ @ @ Mr.. M.yarms...

Nice bike Amigo.

I call this one's my self...

Everytime I see a bike set up" " " like your.

The Last one on your Post above.
(ELGIN/ BK.)

A (War Tankers ).!!! :p :cool: :) ;)

Stay Safe With family.!!! and friends.!!!

Be.!!!!...Happy...!!!!:D ;) :)

Last edited:
Took an old POS seat from an 80’s Schwinn and going to try my hand at recovering. Read the very entertaining post from @the tinker about how to do it. Figure I try on a worthless seat first;). Got all the rust off the springs and spray painted the hardware. It was rusted so bad I had to drill out the nose rivet and add a nut and bolt to keep the front together. Now off for a ride in the hood with my box cutter. All discarded leather furniture in the area is now at risk!

F53DF31A-FFEF-4B22-94E6-6E48C4A9FC9D.jpeg

38CF0451-F80D-4226-9DE6-027B21A4ED81.jpeg

1E360C4C-5084-4180-BDCC-919993088161.jpeg

Last edited:
Worked on this 30s CCM motorbike redid some of the bearings trued the wheels up a little cleaned up what I could .
Put some nice tires on and rebuilt the pedals .
Have all the parts for this fenders chain guard etc. seat and bars are just placeholders will restore original seat .
Someone painted the handlebars so will probably replace them .
Gotta change the rear sprocket to a 20 tooth as well it's a bit of a beast with this gearing.
Will overhaul the triplex crankset when I paint it but that won't be until it gets a lot warmer out
I'm thinking by the looks of things it's been painted at least 3times 1 factory and 2 repaints .
When I looked up colours for this year it came in 2 Burgundy and dark navy blue .
I've had a nicer one than this that was more original so I'm thinking of some thing like a grey colour or pewter with some pearl in it
or maybe a nice Mercedes silver lots of really cool new car colours out there right now so who knows.

IMG_1906.jpeg
IMG_1907.jpeg

Last edited:
Back