When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you work on today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Finally ditched the duro’s on the 55 and updated to a gorgeous set of Schwinn Studded Balloons and they could’nt look more amazing.
I cant legally call these tires NOS but they still have the original mold-release “nips” on the tread.

170AEC29-5499-419E-BCA3-FD4343ADC335.jpeg

AF5AB748-269F-467B-8296-3FFCB12D52D0.jpeg

17280413-8DD2-4B98-8CC0-6D7F2A941456.jpeg

DB0FD291-2FAC-45AD-B248-6AD37D95575E.jpeg

Hate to say it but even NOS Schwinn Studded balloons still ride like 40 yr old ( Tank! ) tires, The first thing I do to my Spitfire/Cruiser is take them off, they look better than they ride, good for display tho.;)

I had them on my 81 Cruiser 5 and they were good on the canal roads but were terrible on the asphalt. I picked up a set of Nirve Badass tires to swap out but sold the Cruiser before I put them on.

Good looking tires. People may not like the ride but they are much better than the Firestone and other original tires that had a flat tread, no wrap around with bad cornering. I had several sets of of
nos Schwinn tires from the 1960s that looked good but ended out being rotted and didn’t last long.
I actually really like the aggressive tread because it almost has more of a vintage "utility" feel to it that you would have seen an an old farm truck. I have vintage tires on all of my bikes currently and Im becoming more and more attached to it every day.

Back