When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1953 Schwinn New World Traveler $125.00 in Pinole/El Sobrante Cal area Craigslist

-
got it! looks just like the pictures. I'd say there is still a lot of paint on this bike and that part should come out pretty good. serial # G070125, 3-28-1950. I put it on my bike stand and shifted the 3 speed and it still worked. a little spit on the brakes to see what they said and the chrome came back pretty good for such a minimal effort. 1959 Alameda Ca, bike license stuck on the frame, too bad it did not have a 1950 license, they were probably more cool. it belonged to the ladies grandpa, and the bikes had to have a bell on them to get the license, hence the rusted stuck bell. has rotten Schwinn tires. one bad pedal.

Awesome. Very early traveler as suspected. Post in the schwinn lightweight section so we can follow progress!

I was searching Google Images for "Schwinn New World" and saw the lead picture in this thread and thought "hey that looks just like my bike ... but that is not my wall." I don't have those pictures, so I am glad I found this again. this bike started me on some sort of bike madness.

I had it together with coaster brake wheels for a while, but another bike needed them. still need to build the 3 speed wheels.

Back