When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mohawk headbadge looking for info.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

kirk thomas

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
This badge is brass and I am guessing from the 30's or 40's. The badge reads MOHAWK HP SNYDER mfg. co. Made in USA I have found some from the TOC. I know about the newer ones this looks to be in the middle. I was wondering if anyone has any of these and if you can guess as to value of it. Thank You all!! It is hard to get a good picture sorry.

Snyder manufacturing of Little Falls, NY, was located on the Mohawk River in the Mohawk Valley of NY (state).

If I recall my U.S. geography and history correctly, the river and valley were named after Maurice (Mo) Hawkins who first discovered the valley, its river, and falls?

The badge would look cool on a less-antique era Snyder motorbike, since the repro Indian badges are expensive, and might not even fit.

In the later 1920’s, Snyder may have had another MoHawk badge, not round, perhaps more intricate, and of the embossed method of manufacture.

Examples of a much older MoHawk and “Union” badges have been posted, both with a set of manufacturer’s initials, P. C. & A. S. Co. (not A&S), that might not have been deciphered, yet.

Last edited:
Bike companies, like auto makers, were cheap, and hung on to all their old names. I've seen late '60s 3 speeds with the Mohawk name, even had a chain guard with the name. At the same time, Westfield was reusing the old Rambler and Sterling names again...

Back