When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shelby Siblings

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
That's great @THE STIG , thanks!
That was my error. I should have been clear in the first post.

I'll just call it "less than perfect restoration" (aka half ass'd).

To clarify, my goal is to restore the bikes to a point in time (not the day they were new) that gives them the character of an original survivor. You may be the exception, but alot of people love the look of an original paint barn find with all of its dents, dings, rust and scratches. That's the target look. So even if the gap between the fender and tank is not as it was in 1938 or if the drop outs show signs of years of use, it will give you (maybe not you) a warm nostalgic feeling when you see it. These bikes will be enjoyed by a man and his wife riding them as they were intended.

-Jim

Here's todays progress report. Everything is masked sanded and ready for some more black paint!

All of the paint work should be done this weekend.:)

Wow.
I'm stunned that posting this project has brought out such angst in your life STIG. Who could have known that the word 'restore' had so much power over anyone? Maybe you can start a thread of your own in the General Discussion area about your opinions on what constitutes a 'restoration'.

I would like to keep this journal focused on the bikes. Peace.

Wow.
I'm stunned that posting this project has brought out such angst in your life STIG. Who could have known that the word 'restore' had so much power over anyone? Maybe you can start a thread of your own in the General Discussion area about your opinions on what constitutes a 'restoration'.

I would like to keep this journal focused on the bikes. Peace.

medium.com%2fmax%2f1600%2f1*Zh_mBvMx8MfIQY58H40KNw.gif

@TRM Was both of these bikes originally this color or is it known? I wanted to do a his & hers but my ex wasn't as enthusiastic about riding & needed at least a 7 speed beyond anything on flat level ground & for a 1/2 a mile+ . I am kinda the same way but I want to overcome that If I can get into the swing of it again.Being 37 now.... Age jus' catches up to us all some way or another ....

Reactions: TRM
I'm not sure what the original colors where. The girls bike had several colors on the parts and the boys bike was a repaint when they came to me.

Sadly my wife is not into riding either. She loves skating! I have a set of his and hers Monark Super Deluxe bikes (not matching colors) that I started this hobby with, but she only rode hers a few times.

I'm not sure what the original colors where. The girls bike had several colors on the parts and the boys bike was a repaint when they came to me.

Sadly my wife is not into riding either. She loves skating! I have a set of his and hers Monark Super Deluxe bikes (not matching colors) that started this hobby with, but she only rode hers a few times.
Man I am a Sucker for the Monarks & Super Deluxes/Super Cruisers from 40s & 50s. Just can't imagine why you'd want 4 small wheels like roller skates or inline roller blades vs such a cool bikeo_O women though! Hahaha. I can sorta skate but Never got over that fear of "pushing off" & propelling forward with wheels under me or even tilting my heels back to stop; I guess falling face first or on my butt never appealed to me after coming off bikes doing wheelies or bad landings over the bars as a kid.

Reactions: TRM
Back