When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Engagement present

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The secret to getting a feel for the tandem is to each ride and get used to it, without a rear stoker, then learn tapping signals for operations. The stoker position rear handlebars mirror or helmet mirror is a must.
Giovanni

There's also some fascinating studies about how tandem cycling is beneficial for patients suffering from Parkinson's disease. Apparently the "forced exercise" aspect of acting as a stoker who keeps up a pace with the Captain makes the brain manage it's dopamine levels better than exercise at a voluntary pace does. The effect was discovered when a doctor went on a cross country ride with a Parkinson's patient and each night her postcards home showed more and more legible handwriting. After this observation, studies were made that proved the effect often improves people 30-40% if they keep it up on a regular basis. Patients report feeling tired from the forced exercise but much better feeling and performing both mentally and physically.

Last edited:
I have THREE of these old Schwinn Twinns! My adult daughters & their hubbies think they're a blast riding them around the Lake Erie area.

Hahahaha!
I had to call suicide prevention hotline, when I first joined the online forum!
Trust me; I have Never called them but it's a Good thing they're there. We either need people who accept us as we are & care now days or at least have some compassion. Partly why I like this hobby too; not everyone agrees or likes the same things etc but you have some great people here that may not actually know you but genuinely care & then you have the uptight holier than thou types :rolleyes: . I'm jus' a Joker & pot stirrer :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

We LOVE our Schwinn Twinns. When I say we, I mean me, my adult daughters & sons in law. My hubby won't have anything to do with them (bah humbug).
[Humor] Apparently, your hubby is smart and knows the tricks well enough that, he loves you too much to mess with a good thing. Which begs the question: What U got against your sons in-law? :D

Back