When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

wanted sturmey archer coaster brake wheel

-

whizzerbug

Finally riding a big boys bike
looking for a sturmey archer 3 speed coaster brake laced to a 26x2.125 wheel S2 rim and if you have the whole setup ie trigger,cable pulleys that would be great

Last edited:
I have a very clean '67 TCW III Sturmey coaster brake hub (and thumb shifter) but it's laced to an S6 rim. Open to removing the hub and selling the bits you can use if you don't mind locating the right rim and building it up. PM me if interested.

I have a very clean '67 TCW III Sturmey coaster brake hub (and thumb shifter) but it's laced to an S6 rim. Open to removing the hub and selling the bits you can use if you don't mind locating the right rim and building it up. PM me if interested.
i need one already laced to to a S2 thanks anyway

Thats a tall order. Schwinn and 3 speed coasters is hit and miss in the first place. Most likely something like that would have been on a girls bike but they didn't offer that setup consistently through the years. Those are my favorite hubs, I search them out and have several different versions and years but none are on S2 rims. Im going to the salvage today and I'll check what they have there. I know there are at least 5-6 there on the wall on rims. Mostly Raleigh wheels and Schwinn S5 rims though from what I remember.
There is a S3C (80's vintage) by itself for sale here in the Sale area real cheap. You might do better buying the hub and rim separate and taking them to a shop to have them laced together. More effort but probably still under a hundred start to finish. Triggers, cables and jockey wheels are still available all over the place.
Are you concerned about the model or year at all? TCW -II-III, SC3...
The TCW's have a longer reaction time between coasting, braking, engaging.

hi i found a SA wheel at a swap meet its 36 hole coaster brake S3C 78-7 its on a schwinn 27" S5 rim i have a 26"s2 wheel that i will try to lace up myself, i still need a trigger ,cable,,cable pulley, i plan on useing this on a schwinn canti as i have some hills in my area and the 3 speed will make it easyer to pedal

👍
The trigger, wheel and cable can be found on Ebay new or used. But I'll bet someone here has a used set of all three together. You'll also need a cable stop bracket and nib.

Last edited:
Back