When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shelby Siblings

-
Finished laying down paint over the weekend.

@TRM Anxious to see the couple ;) stop teasin' us. Lol. I know you got to give the paint some cure & gas out time but coming along Nicely so far.

Got all of the masking off from around the black accents.

First, all of the edges were wet sanded to help prevent the possibility of pulling off any new paint along with the tape. Everything will eventually be sanded anyway so this also knocked down some of the edge before prepping for pinstripes.

Here's a play by play on one of the fork darts.

Starting point after paint:

Wet sanded edges of the mask:

Mask removed and all wet sanded:

Ready for pinstripes!

WOW... Looking great! Sounds like you wet sand the edges so the pinstripes lay down better? Pinstripes are fudgeing awsome dude.... I am digging the play by play pictures, Thanks

Jus' teasin' us 1 pic at a time now TRM :tearsofjoy: . I'm over here waiting to see some assembly buildin' goin' on & rememberin' stuff I haven't done paint wise in a long time. LOL bet that wet sanding de glossing is sooo much fun; I always hated painting & then goin' back to wet sand, buffing & waxing. The look you want requires the right effort though;)

Jus' teasin' us 1 pic at a time now TRM :tearsofjoy: .
OK, here's all of the carefully cataloged parts in the same picture just for you. :)

The kid gloves are off and it's about to get real!

All of the careful prep work, sanding, masking, painting and pinstriping is over.
It's time to bring out the less conventional tools such as bricks, harsh chemicals, fire etc.

From here forward time will be measured in dog years in reverse.:expressionless:
That has a nice ring to it. I think I'll start calling it a 'Dog Years Restoration'.:)

OK, here's all of the carefully cataloged parts in the same picture just for you. :)
View attachment 1411077

The kid gloves are off and it's about to get real!

All of the careful prep work, sanding, masking, painting and pinstriping is over.
It's time to bring out the less conventional tools such as bricks, harsh chemicals, fire etc.

From here forward time will be measured in dog years in reverse.:expressionless:
That has a nice ring to it. I think I'll start calling it a 'Dog Years Restoration'.:)
A little bit of smart ass on that but I love it! Hahaha. Bricks, harsh chemicals, & fire etc are sometimes the best tools for a job. Never forget the wheel was created with far less ;) You have pacified me & made me chuckle. Job Well Done :cool:

Back