When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Story Of the Recent Discovery of The 1939 Monark Airman

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Two Wheeler

Wore out three sets of tires already!
My Friend was driving through his neighborhood when he noticed the family was cleaning out the home of an elderly neighbor who had passed away. He noticed a balloon tire bike with a tank sitting in the front yard. After thinking about it for a couple of minutes he pulled a u-turn and went back. He made an offer on the bike. The guy said he would think about it. In the meantime he sent pictures to me. I could not find any information on it. I told him just to go back and pay whatever the guy wanted for it. He would not lose any money and I was interested in buying it.
As it turns out the family was only working on the weekends. So he had to wait a week to go back. In the meantime I put out some feelers and was told the bike might bring $1,800. Armed with this information he went back and bought a package deal of the Monark, Schwinn Suburban, and some misc. parts. Some of them NOS. As he was loading up his purchases the owner told him he was just about to put the bikes out for someone to haul off for free!!! That bike came within minutes of possibly getting picked up by a scraper!
Not realizing the jewel he had just purchased I posted it on The CABE. It wasn't long before we discovered the rarity of this bicycle! It was now out of my price range that I am willing to pay for a bike. The decision was made to flip it and I placed an ad on THE CABE. The Airman sold today to a fellow CABER, so I am confident it will be well taken care of. I hope the new owner will post pictures of whatever he does with it for us all to enjoy. I just wish I had been able to see it in person!

Thank you for sharing! I have not been that lucky, but have pulled some complete bikes out of our local transfer station metal dumpster over the the past 20 years! I am sure I have missed many more!
Great find and save for the CABE!

Back