When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pet peeves

-
People putting crap on the internet that's totally.....f..k............ messed up and won't fix it because they're too stupid. Middleweights in 1938?

The go to site for dumb people to learn how to be dumber?

1617003281148.png

Maybe my biggest bike pet peeve is seat post clamp bolts.

The right side of the bike is the "dress" side. The presentation side. The bike's good side. So why the hell are all seat post clamp bolts installed so the clean head of the bolt is on the left and the klunky, ugly end of the bolt and nut on the right?

One of the first things I do when I get a bike is turn that damn bolt around.

The right side of the bike is the "dress" side. The presentation side. The bike's good side. So why the hell are all seat post clamp bolts installed so the clean head of the bolt is on the left and the klunky, ugly end of the bolt and nut on the right?

It's there for the right handers. Standing over the rear wheel you unbolt and unloosen to adjust and aim the seat. But I get your peeve. ;)

This is more true in the classic car world than anything but:
Oldtimers in the hobby that have no patience or time to teach the generation before them about what they do and how they do it and then complain that the younger generation doesnt care about the thing they love.
I already loved old bikes and old cars but my love and passion is as strong as it is because of the select few that took the time to teach me the right ways to do things instead of ignoring me or ripping on me for making mistakes based on not having the right knowledge.
I always have time to stoke someone elses flames...

actually? That's the way most of the unrestored original bikes I've found were set up.
backwards.
not sure why.

Back