When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

-
This was my daily rider, It has not been out for 2 years. This morning I put air in the tires and got on it for a short ride. It is still one of my favourites

Afternoon ride around town...Schwinn Panther.

then rode the Alameda Creek trail...

The A.C. trail ends near the base of Niles canyon...I turned right toward Morrison canyon in the Fremont hills and found a dirt trail leading to the Vargas Plateau, a new park in the area...didn't make it far up!

"This 1,249-acre regional park provides tremendous views from its setting in the Fremont Hills. The plateau rises quickly and steeply from the bay plain to an elevation 1,000 feet above the streets below, overlooking Niles Canyon, Fremont, Union City, Newark and the San Francisco Bay beyond."

Great day for a ride!

All my other cruisers are in process of some kind of work at the same time, so I took my Hornet off the hook and we rode over a few blocks to pick up some strawberry plants.

This was my daily rider for years, but once I got into prewar stuff, it just sat.... I haven’t ridden it in several years... Wife rode her ‘36 Henderson.

Back