When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

London Flyer. Western Flyer

-
Generally these re-badged Raleigh’s for export were lower quality bikes than the “Real” Raleigh’s. Rims are the flat face cheaper versions, chainring is generic, those pedals are not original, frame probably carbon steel instead of better quality chromoly, twist grip shifter rather than Sturmey Archer trigger shifter. Your accessories are worth more than the bike: . Speedo with (hopefully) working drive and cable, light with generator and Prestube rear rack. I had a similiar Huffy badged Sportsman model, right down to the chrome fenders, which were never used on branded Raleigh’s. These imported 3 speeds were an inexpensive way for US bike manufacturers to plump up their model lines when multi-speed bikes were beginning to outsell the old coaster single speeds.
All this being said, your bike would make a perfectly good general rider, but just won’t bring much as a collectible.

I'm afraid there's little info over here on these badge-engineered export models.
Looks to be pretty complete and useable, will make a nice little runabout bike.
I'm a fan of the Sturmey twist-grip changer!

Back