When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage tool chest’s

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

eeapo

Finally riding a big boys bike
Picked the Kennedy Machinist Tool chest and the Snap On tool box at a Garage sale. The following Saturday picked the Craftsman chest.

On the Craftsman’s box I plan to leave it as is. Clean it up and sand it down nice and smooth and clear coat it. I’ll post pics when done.

I don’t normally say how much I pay for items I purchase but I will today.

Kennedy box: seven dollars
Craftsmans box: five dollars
Snap on: two dollars

The place where I purchased the Kennedy, they we’re selling every thing dirt cheap. They had four computers and monitors including speakers and a whole bunch of other computer stuff. She told me give me what ever you want for all the computers and the accessories I won’t refuse any amount. Well I passed on that I just don’t or want that kind of stuff.
I did buy a couple of other things.

64538605-BB9B-4F25-A95D-D9BC2CCDD5D0.jpeg

F6015910-7906-4D00-8C1D-B9F1656A7CC3.jpeg

2455CA24-0C07-4894-8B40-7A1098F8BA4D.jpeg

FF1144B0-958B-4066-ACB5-092CB4E952C3.jpeg

CA3ECA2D-B89F-48BB-92DE-AABEC6BA73E0.jpeg

Good score on the Kennedy! The Snap On box is fun too. But I really love the Craftsman chest. Does it have a date or manufacturer code stamped on it? Maybe in one of the corners of the back panel? You may already know this - That Craftsman logo is called the 'Heritage' logo and was in use in various forms from the late forties through the early sixties. If it were my toolbox I would hesitate to clear coat original paint just like I would hesitate to clearcoat an original paint vintage bike. Clean it and wax it, then see how it looks. Good luck with your project!

Good score on the Kennedy! The Snap On box is fun too. But I really love the Craftsman chest. Does it have a date or manufacturer code stamped on it? Maybe in one of the corners of the back panel? You may already know this - That Craftsman logo is called the 'Heritage' logo and was in use in various forms from the late forties through the early sixties. If it were my toolbox I would hesitate to clear coat original paint just like I would hesitate to clearcoat an original paint vintage bike. Clean it and wax it, then see how it looks. Good luck with your project!
Agree. I’ve not tried clear coat, but have cleaned ( and scotch-brite as required) and then waxed a few old toolboxes with pretty good results.

Picked the Kennedy Machinist Tool chest and the Snap On tool box at a Garage sale. The following Saturday picked the Craftsman chest.

On the Craftsman’s box I plan to leave it as is. Clean it up and sand it down nice and smooth and clear coat it. I’ll post pics when done.

I don’t normally say how much I pay for items I purchase but I will today.

Kennedy box: seven dollars
Craftsmans box: five dollars
Snap on: two dollars

The place where I purchased the Kennedy, they we’re selling every thing dirt cheap. They had four computers and monitors including speakers and a whole bunch of other computer stuff. She told me give me what ever you want for all the computers and the accessories I won’t refuse any amount. Well I passed on that I just don’t or want that kind of stuff.
I did buy a couple of other things.

View attachment 1425177

View attachment 1425178

View attachment 1425179

View attachment 1425183

View attachment 1425187
You could double you money today! Plus shipping! 😉😉😉 I ❤️ Old tool boxes.. esspecially hand made… like an Amish tool kit!

Back