When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn DX Questions

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Got the pedals put back together but not much else since it's been hotter than the Devil's 'taint here lately. Still looking for a tank, if you have one you wouldn't mind coming off of please let me know.

This just arrived from a fellow CABE member:

I'm originally from Westminster Ca. so this is very special to me. As far as I can tell this is actually from Westminster, Colorado but virtually no one will know that when I'm cruising around on the bike. I've been told that Westminster Ca. never issued plates, only stickers. The lack of a State designation and year make it perfect for my DX............even the colors match.

This just arrived from a fellow CABE member:

View attachment 1446748

I'm originally from Westminster Ca. so this is very special to me. As far as I can tell this is actually from Westminster, Colorado but virtually no one will know that when I'm cruising around on the bike. I've been told that Westminster Ca. never issued plates, only stickers. The lack of a State designation and year make it perfect for my DX............even the colors match.
I want a tag for my 1964 Columbia Firebolt but I am going to have to make 1 from a B.C Columbia tag & something with 1964 #s

Hoping to get close. Prewar DX serial # I 30290 . just have the bare frame and forks.No crank.Looks like it was blue in color Curved down tube.

THANX

Hoping to get close. Prewar DX serial # I 30290 . just have the bare frame and forks.No crank.Looks like it was blue in color Curved down tube.

THANX
If you're looking to nail down a year you might want to post pics & or start your own thread post. It does help to keep track of who owns what & not hijack a thread just because you own the same brand of bike etc

Reactions: mrg
I'm giving serious thought to punting this project. The wheels have been completely disassembled, one hoop is decent, the other is junk. I will include an appropriately crusty pair of chrome hoops if the buyer wants them. If you just want the hubs shipping would be easier/cheaper therefore we can knock off some of the price. The spokes on one wheel were not salvageable. The hubs were completely torn down, degreased and are ready for reassembly. I now have a nice Razor stem and a rebuilt pair of Torrington 8's that will be included. The mouse ears are slightly tweaked, they should straighten easily with a hammer/vice. The frame/fork still need to be cleaned/detailed. Just needs tires/bars-grips/elbow grease. Westminster license plate not included. PM me if you're interested.

Back