When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Caution: You can't un see it.

-
I'm trying to practice what my parents taught. If you don't have something nice to say...
So here's my reply... 1437380

Last edited:
@fordmike65 this was 1 of my favorite memesView attachment 1436530
I lived in Tombstone for a year and a half. worst place I've ever lived.
Funny trivia though.
The production company approached the town council about filming it there. They were going to build and rebuild a lot of stuff and leave it all but the council said no.
It was filmed in Las Vegas New Mexico.
The movie is on continuous loop on a big screen in "Big Nose Kates Saloon" in Tombstone though.

Funny trivia though.
The production company approached the town council about filming it there. They were going to build and rebuild a lot of stuff and leave it all but the council said no.
The movie is on continuous loop on a big screen in "Big Nose Kates Saloon" in Tombstone though.
Yeah that is funny trivia and I mean a place named Tombstone jus' sounds like it would suck. 1 of my all time favorite westerns as Doc was a bad ass, same with Emilio Estevez as Billy The Kid & then also the movie The Quick & The Dead. I used to watch stuff like Rawhide & the Clint Eastwood westerns as a kid but nowadays I can't stand'em

Yeah that is funny trivia and I mean a place named Tombstone jus' sounds like it would suck. 1 of my all time favorite westerns as Doc was a bad ass, same with Emilio Estevez as Billy The Kid & then also the movie The Quick & The Dead. I used to watch stuff like Rawhide & the Clint Eastwood westerns as a kid but nowadays I can't stand'em
I hear that. Same here. about the Clint spaghetti westerns I mean
I think the best Western of all time is Lonesome Dove.
I'll watch it every time I see its on.

I will offer a different opinion to offset the general consensus:
I was raised in a low income "hood" area and as such, I was raised around lowrider culture and lowrider bikes and still appreciate them for what they are and the culture that builds them. While I will say that this one is far from the works of art I grew up building and seeing (plumbing strap for some reason Lol). Most lowrider bikes have a show position which is usually: spring removed, handlebars down a tad further etc, and not meant to be ridden in that way. Using the same logic we use to justify the bikes on here, to justify this one is like seeing a vehicle with air suspension in the down position and asking how they go over speed bumps. You need to understand the culture to understand the reason for the mods and stance.
I still have both of the full show lowrider bikes I built in the early 90's and cherish them as if they were built yesterday because they put me where I am now. I graduated in my taste, mainly due to old age, but can still smile when I see someone "trying". Building my lowrider bikes and learning to appreciate hunting down original parts, learning how to build and maintain them, learning how to clean and ride them is what made me the bike guy I am today.

Take it as you will. 😉

Here is a picture of mine I built in the early 90's, pictured here in '95 right after a 1st place win at a show. Notice the bike is in "display" position with the spring removed and dropped and handlebars lowered and not meant to be ridden like this. This type of position would equal show points and when you're in a points race, every one counts. I had $1,100.00 in this bike at this point with all the plating, custom paint, airbrushing, pinstriping etc done with lawn mowing and chores and done as a kid and that took immense restraint and discipline. Built around an original Schwinn frame and believe it or not I still have it.

lowlow.jpg

Last edited:
Funny trivia though.
I did some work there when I was 18...did a roof on a house, worst sunburn I ever had! Also had my first drink in a bar at the Crystal Palace...Bartender "You 21?"
Me at 18..."Yes Sir"! I also did a repair on the roof of the OK Corral...but I wouldn't want to live there!

I will offer a different opinion to offset the general consensus:
I was raised in a low income "hood" area and as such, I was raised around lowrider culture and lowrider bikes and still appreciate them for what they are and the culture that builds them. While I will say that this one is far from the works of art I grew up building and seeing (plumbing strap for some reason Lol). Most lowrider bikes have a show position which is usually: spring removed, handlebars down a tad further etc, and not meant to be ridden in that way. Using the same logic we use to justify the bikes on here, to justify this one is like seeing a vehicle with air suspension in the down position and asking how they go over speed bumps. You need to understand the culture to understand the reason for the mods and stance.
I still have both of the full show lowrider bikes I built in the early 90's and cherish them as if they were built yesterday because they put me where I am now. I graduated in my taste, mainly due to old age, but can still smile when I see someone "trying". Building my lowrider bikes and learning to appreciate hunting down original parts, learning how to build and maintain them, learning how to clean and ride them is what made me the bike guy I am today.

Take it as you will. 😉

Here is a picture of mine I built in the early 90's, pictured here in '95 right after a 1st place win at a show. Notice the bike is in "display" position with the spring removed and dropped and handlebars lowered and not meant to be ridden like this. This type of position would equal show points and when you're in a points race, every one counts. I had $1,100.00 in this bike at this point with all the plating, custom paint, airbrushing, pinstriping etc done with lawn mowing and chores and done as a kid and that took immense restraint and discipline. Built around an original Schwinn frame and believe it or not I still have it.

View attachment 1456925
Is the "display" position like when guys with air suspensions lower their cars until the body sits on the ground? I think they call it "parking hard."

Is the "display" position like when guys with air suspensions lower their cars until the body sits on the ground? I think they call it "parking hard."
"parking hard" Lol Never heard that...

As someone who has 2 vehicles with air suspension that "lay out" completely, that's pretty much it. Its just for "look at me" purposes and to get as low as possible and still be able to raise it up for normal function.
Lowrider bikes started for young kids to be able to mimic their dad's lowrider car so most were done as low as possible to look like the "slammed" cars they were used to seeing.
The one posted in this thread is pretty much on the far cornier, home-brew side of things, but the general vibe and stance is on point.

With my antique bikes, Im all about originality and factory styling....but with Lowrider bikes its a totally different mindset and I can switch back and forth between the two.

Back