When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bearing Size New Departure front hub Model M

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

MotoDoc

On Training Wheels
Can anyone out there tell me the correct bearing ball size on a New Departure Model M 36 hole front hub without oiler port. Are these supposed to be caged type or loose? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Maybe this will help. Check out post #5. They call the ball retainers model M20. https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/new-departure-front-hub-question.24595/.

Somewhere I've seen a bearing guide for all brands but I'm having trouble finding it again.

Last edited:
The bearing listing in my Wald catalog has only one with 6 balls. They are 7/32 inch and the bearing is a number 7. I measured one and the outside diameter of the retainer appears to be 13/16 inch. This information may or may not be helpful.

Reactions: ian
Gordon: Think you are on the right track, took some loose balls and 3/16th's are definitely too small and 1/4 seems too large, have to get my hands on some 7/32nds to try. Thanks everyone for there help.

Gordon: Think you are on the right track, took some loose balls and 3/16th's are definitely too small and 1/4 seems too large, have to get my hands on some 7/32nds to try. Thanks everyone for there help.
I read somewhere on here you can get a 500 count asst on Amazon of various sizes.

Back