When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Snooping around a post

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

coasterbrakejunkie1969

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I must admit that when someone posts a pic of a bike or part in there garage or workspace I always snoop around and see what other stuff the have lying around. Anyone else have this issue? I'm not sure how many times I have seen something not posted that I'm interested in. Sometimes it is just a killer bike or car that the poster has happened to frame in the shot. I'm sure at times it has saved someone a headache of trying to find a part or bike. Has anyone ever asked about a non posted item and met with hostility? Any time I have pointed something else out it has been met with pride and the poster usually loves to talk about what ever it is. Mostly everyone here is more then willing to talk just wondered if any bad experiences. Feel free to snoop and ask questions about anything in my posts.

Been a picker my entire life so its kinda second nature to me to always be looking over fences in my drive, turning my neck to see behind houses etc. My wife will call me out sometimes because I'll be moving my head the entire time we're driving down a back road or something.
So yeah....sometimes I click on ads in Craigslist or marketplace just because I see clutter in the background. Kid you not, more than a few times I have scored bikes from the background of totally unrelated ads! I once even scored a bike from a reflection in a curio cabinet glass in the ad! haha

....but yeah, I have had a few "not for sale" responses but mostly good...

Yep,
I’ve acquired some hard to find items that I had been specifically looking for, because I spotted them in background of a picture.
Usually, it’s just a blurry partial image, but I knew exactly what it was, because I had been obsessing over it for years.
The inquiry is usually met with a,
“You know what that is?”
And my reply is,
“ I know, exactly what that is.”

Back