When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you work on today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Cleaning chrome on my 1940 Dx. Front wheel ready to reassemble. Rear still being worked on. Front looked like the rear did for comparison.

Been working on my 40 dx today too! Seat post is froze solid! Haven’t budged it a bit! Penetrating oil, heat, slide hammer, welded a bolt to the post and using a piece of pipe to pull with the slide hammer and nada! Even have it up side down so the oil gets too the bottom half! This battles over for tonight but the war is ON! Lmao!

image.jpg

image.jpg

The tires are pretty old. And they look more like a 1.75 tire than the 2.125 that they are marked. And yes, the tread does look like the middleweight Kenda. Kinda crazy

My daughter says she's more convertible on a 24" and I sold all my Spitfire 24's so thru this together this 61 dbl straightbar Tornado today, but think I'll put a few miles on it, tried a couple of tire combinations ( wanted black wall knobbys but none available ) so bricks for now, weird story on the rims, bought them at a swap while still dark ( under the lights ) and we all agreed they were cool gold rims!, during the day somebody commented cool coppertone rims we were shocked we all thought they were gold in the morning!

Looking for advice.
I bet there is a thread that answers this already, but you regulars on this one seem pretty knowing.
I got a while wall tire on eBay. Thing is it's more of an off white, and will not match the Arctic white of the rear tire. It's pretty close, but is noticable. Should I try scrubbing it with bleach? Have any of you guys had this happen? What did you do? I'd rather not go through the hassle of a return.

Looking for advice.
I bet there is a thread that answers this already, but you regulars on this one seem pretty knowing.
I got a while wall tire on eBay. Thing is it's more of an off white, and will not match the Arctic white of the rear tire. It's pretty close, but is noticable. Should I try scrubbing it with bleach? Have any of you guys had this happen? What did you do? I'd rather not go through the hassle of a return.

Is it the same brand and tire that's on the rear? It sounds like the tire was a NOS piece and some whitewalls will turn a yellow beige color when they get old. I picked up a set of NOS Kenda WW's from a buddy a few years back and they definitely were not white. I cleaned them up with a brush and some Comet.

Is it the same brand and tire that's on the rear? It sounds like the tire was a NOS piece and some whitewalls will turn a yellow beige color when they get old. I picked up a set of NOS Kenda WW's from a buddy a few years back and they definitely were not white. I cleaned them up with a brush and some Comet.
I don't have to work this evening. When I get home from the dentist, I'll give it a shot. If it doesn't work, I'll just go black. When I finished the collegiate, my wife asked where the white walls were. You can't put whitewalls on EVERYTHING!
Thanks for your help!

Arrow by F. A. Baker New York Racing Model Circa 1920s?​

Just disassembled and cleaned the bottom bracket and crankset, replaced the bearings with period parts, lubed up a replacement section of chain. Discovered the handlebars are stamped - 29. Found a nicer set of complete 28", period wood wheels (not shown). It's getting there. Will update with progress.

In search of a more complete saddle and some period rat trap pedals, Brampton's 1/2" axles possibly? PM DIRECT IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING PLEASE. Thanks!

IMG_0629.JPG

IMG_0632.JPG

IMG_0633.JPG

IMG_0634.JPG

IMG_0635.JPG

IMG_0639.JPG

IMG_0649.JPG

IMG_0673.JPG

IMG_0680.JPG

IMG_0692.JPG

Back