When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold Schwinn/Milsco full floating saddle-rider ready!

-
Price
1700 shipped
Zipcode

mr.cycleplane

Riding my Motorbike
offered here is a prewar schwinn/milsco full floating saddle. debuted on the 1936 schwinn autocycle and found on schwinn deluxe models till about 1940. also came out on the mead ranger champion model. these are probably one of the most iconic of all prewar schwinn items-very distinctive look. made by milsco-company made other 'exotic' saddles for other makes of bikes. these were very expensive in their day at about a third of the cost of a regular bike! as was then and today they had problems-breakage problems. the saddle is designed for a 80-100 pound kid and an adult bouncing up and down on the saddle ran the risk of breaking the flat forward spring. its sole function was to keep the nose forward. i have seen two break in 40+ years of collecting due to the rider being in excess of 200 pounds and the seat bouncing too much. this could have been prevented by a simple adjustment designed into the saddle. there is a nut/bolt on the bottom of the shaft to set the ride for hard or soft ride or for the weight of the rider. i have ridden these for years and have the saddle adjusted for the firmest ride possible-no bounce and never had a problem. i only mention this to avoid any disaster-as you can imagine-there are no spare parts laying around. schwinn was disappointed with these and went back to the mesinger b1 saddle in 1940. milsco continued to sell the seat to anyone-probably not too many at that. these also did not have the schwinn/mead logos. this saddle is complete and i have been riding on it for a couple years now. it is set for a firm ride. leather was recover many years ago and riding it has the leather with a great worn in/burnished look. if you are building a schwinn deluxe model-this is a great saddle to complete that build.

Last edited:
Back