When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you work on today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Its been so cold (next to the pictures @SKPC posts of bikes in the snow every year!) that must sound ridiculous-I haven't been able to

ride much! Anyway-just got back my front wheel from the Master Wheel builder-Gary Quail of Santa Cruz lacing me up a 1937-9 front brake for my LBA97 and took for a shake down ride. I had recently added a spacer in the Morrow hub to cut down on the lost motion and needed to 'seat' the parts.

Last edited:
The f’ugly 4 gill has finally been reunited with a skip tooth chain, thanks to a 11 tooth nexus compatible rear sprocket from Ichi Bikes and a nos Diamond chain from a cabe member. I had the correct 26t front sprocket original to the bike but chose to use a 24t sweetheart sprocket instead to tailor the gearing perfectly with the Nexus 7 speed hub. Rims are double wall Sun Rhyno lite with Phil wood double butted spokes. The new 7 speed hub was removed from a bike attachment for the disabled which was on display in a hospital. Rides great, a little lube on the chain and its done for now. I’m going to continue to put miles on it and possibly repaint the frame later although the contrast of the black wheels and darker guards against the white frame works for me compared to the natural alloy wheels I had on it before.

With new wheels

With previous wheels

Last edited:
I got this project from Ron Schwinnguyohio as a ratty original frame, fork and rack with a snapped off and frozen kickstand. After an intense and headache of a search combined with what i already had laying around, this is all mocked up! Still a ways to go before its a rider but this is a heck of a step considering i wont use repop parts.
This is what makes the headache worth it and also making deals with awesome cabers on parts i need!
One more phantom back living a respectable life!

View attachment 1545580

View attachment 1545582

View attachment 1545583
I admire your persistence.

Every time that I pull this one out of the pile to try and sell it, my wife sees it and says that she want's it. I'm adding my former 750 watt mid drive unit, that I had burnt up, rebuilt & have since upgraded. I like the Luna Cycles motor units because they offer the motor itself, which gets burnt, for around a third of the price of the complete assembly. When this is all together it should be a beast, for her, as she is pretty light.

DF2D2640-B474-4048-B689-9A43DC02DEF2.jpeg

5932E54B-9EB7-4AFF-A383-EB9CC20ED5B8.jpeg

Its about 19° in my shed so , I am working on a smaller scale. Painted the spokes and hub testor's steel to give it more of a prototypical appearance. Still trying to decide on a color for the frame and fork.View attachment 1547116

Looks like that was modeled after a 1974-75? So I would go with the 75 and do Sky Blue. Duplicolor Intense Blue Pearl is a perfect match for the Radiant Blue but in a metallic. The later Sky Blue was more of a Radiant Blue. 8 bucks and you'll have enough left over to do 1/1 frame. 😜

Last edited:
Back