When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post pics of your 20" oldschool bmx bikes

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
1976 Raleigh Rampar with mostly original parts, and 1983 Diamond Back Silver Streak.

A couple BMX bikes from high school circa 1974-1976

My first real BMX bike. 1974 Stingray, was red originally but painted orange because that was always my favorite color. Not a 5 speed, it is set up to change ratios for the track conditions. Tandem 5 speed rear hub, unknown (Worksman?) front hub spoked onto Scrambler 36 spoke rims with. 12g spokes. I may have one of the earliest intentional Layback Seatposts. Thr orange bars on the back were installed after I bent the post back where I wanted it.
Damme I miss that orange Troxel seat.

1975 Yamaha Motobike.
Heavily modified, fork has both hydrauloc tubes, Swingarm stretched 4", Motobecane moped shocks, gusseting and Shimano disc brakes. Front hub is 10 speed Rear hub is disc brake 10 speed Mitsuboshi tires. Viscount MX seat. Need the one on DoND, but I am working out the Fundulation end of that. The 5 speed shifter is converted 3 speed twist grip like a throttle

1977 Schwinn Scrambler originally Kool Red (Radiant Red for the tekk guys).
Spray bomb black coming off with gasoline when it gets back to a normal price.

1978 Schwinn Hurricane. No story about it though.

Others I rescued from the Scrapyard

Huffy Thunder Road. I had all 3 styles, Fastback, Cantilever and Diamond but some photos are missing.

Huffy Thunder Road with Troxel Trackmaster rims.

Columbia ProAm 16" pit bike.

1984 Jamis Laser

This bike counts as mine, sort of.
I bought it from a Goodwill store in 1986.
My little brother Dave, 6 yrs old fell in love with it so I gave it to him.
In 2013 he gave it back to me for my bicycle museum that never came to be.
In 2018 I gave it back to him, and he was so happy to have his first bike back that he gave me his 1968 Apple Krate.
My mom found that bike on the curb in 1992. It was supposed to go to me but my little brother Dave, then 12 fell in love with it and mom gave it to him.
(See a pattern forming here?)
Dave spent his allowance every week (and extra money my mom pulled out of thin air) on parts for that Laser. He put wheels with Bullseye hubs, an AME Rotor, the grips and pads and the MX brakes on it.
Then it was stolen. He got in his first fight over that bike when he found it a couple blocks away in a back yard half stripped.
I guess he won, since he brought the bike home and the Police showed up because the kid claimed Dave stole HIS bike.
Then mom produced the serial numbers of the bikes at the house. They looked at my 8 year old brother with a fresh black eye and a little bit of blood from his nose. After that they went back to the kids house, confiscated every bike there. The kid, who was 12 years old (older than my brother who was 8 by then), was arrested as a juvenile and ended up on juvenile probation. Dave spent the spring tracking down the missing parts the kid had sold off and had the bike mostly complete again by summer. He never lost it again and he is 42 this year.

I know a couple guys on here hate my stories because they are 5 pages long, off topic and all about me so "This ones for you".😎🤜😵‍💫

Last edited:
Back