When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest score. Been trying to buy this bike for 15 years. He finally cut it loose. 1 owner 1 house. basement hanger since new

-
1 cross lacing

The last one of the 1x pattern wheels I built was a 36 spoke Italian 700c Martano superleggero tubular rim on a Italian made Cyclepro sealed bearing hub ( made by Michelin / Italy ) -Torrington spokes with double nutted 'nipples' at the rim ( a la Pino ) = about 37 years ago = front wheel

Your wheel is not 2x - not 'crowfoot'

Yup, that's exactly the way all the Krate Atom front wheels came. This pattern made use of the 36h drill spacing(skipping a hole every 2)....where I believe these hubs were first intended to be used....you'll find where some of the MTB/Klunker guys drilled the extra 6 holes in each flange and used them on 26" bikes.

Once in a lifetime bike . Congrats. No wonder he didnt want to get rid of it. Out of the 8 krate front wheels I have, they are laced 2 different ways, 2 wheels laced like yours and 6 laced 1 spoke in and next to it 1 spoke out. I recently built a krate wheel and ran into this issue when deciding which way to lace it, as Im no expert, then looked at my other wheels and decided to go with how that particular wheel was laced, as evidenced by the wear from the spoke rubbing on the hub while getting settled in.

IMG_4136.JPG

IMG_4140.JPG

IMG_4141.JPG

IMG_4145.JPG

Last edited:
Once in a lifetime bike . Congrats. No wonder he didnt want to get rid of it. I have a half dozen or so krate front wheels and they are laced 2 different ways. 1 way like on your bike, and then the other way where you have 1 spoke in and next to it 1 spoke out.
I stand corrected. They are all "innies!" Lol
Yeah, 1x is correct, but the spokes should be alternating which way the J-bends are pointing.

Wow, waiting 15 years? Well, worth the wait! It does look very good.

Back