When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let's See a Few Favorite Purchases from Memory Lane, Monroe, Coaster Swap, Canfield, Etc!

-
1941 Western Flyer, HD wheels;
purchased in January,'22 from @buck hughes
Thank you for selling it to me, and storing it 😍until
Memory Lane swap in OHIO.
Thanks to @Jimmy V for picking it up
and texting me this Photo.🥰🤩🥳
View attachment 1618541
Buck purchased this from me, and I purchased it from the late Ron Walters- loved this bike! take good care of it...

So most of this was actually either pre-purchase or stuff I had bought that was picked up, delivered, or stored by fellow CABERs. The '36 Colson Cadet tricycle was actually purchased last September but thanks to @Kramai88 made it to MLC this year. The postwar girls with an apple core badge still perplexes me (@Neanderthal77 ). Next up some badges including a couple Colorado, a Utah, and a NOS VIM apple core from @mfhemi1969 . My dad and I stopped at an antique store on the way up and I got the model sled and boot jack. @cr250mark delivered the girls Elgin Deluxe as well as two scooters and the choice aluminum Skippy pneumatic tricycle. Bruce Pence delivered the beautiful '41 Mercury. Was hoping to see his son @npence but his wife was in delivery (kind of a weak excuse for missing MLC!). Just kidding Nate-congrats. Thanks to @catfish for the Wise lock key for the Merc-first key out of the bag opened it! Seems like the tricycles started multiplying. Bough a project from Bob Strucel and one from @onecatahula. Thanks to @Jesse McCauley and @New Mexico Brant for getting me my baby buggy--no my wife is not expecting. Some Tennants beer cans with scantily clad women, some tubulars for one of my road bikes, and a set of repo Colson Commander hub caps (Mike aka cindi_vette) should I ever get lucky enough to score one. Lastly @sm2501 hooked me up with a pod catalog and a Motorcyke decal. A great time and I'm already looking forward to next year! V/r Shawn

View attachment 1618554

View attachment 1618555

View attachment 1618556

View attachment 1618557

View attachment 1618558

View attachment 1618559

View attachment 1618560

View attachment 1618561

View attachment 1618562

View attachment 1618563

View attachment 1618564

View attachment 1618565
Do you collect those Tennants? There are a lot of them. Once you get a bite of those, next is all of the Old Frothingslosh Beauties....

Do you collect those Tennants? There are a lot of them. Once you get a bite of those, next is all of the Old Frothingslosh Beauties....
I actually like the cone top cans but I always thought these were cool-old Frothingslosh with their plus sized beauties not so much!

I actually like the cone top cans but I always thought these were cool-old Frothingslosh with their plus sized beauties not so much!
But it's the "Pale Stale Ale with the foam on the bottom"....nearly irrisistable... Actually one woman but different color cans.
Also the 007 cans have a ladies motif.
Sub genres of an old obsession of mine....

My favorite from Memory Lane is when I brought my son Saturday, because he couldn't come with me the earlier days because of school. There were only 8 or 9 guys left packing up, and we brought his bike to ride and look around, there was a little bike left by a trash can he got fired up about, and said dad can we take it? I told him yup, if you want it it's yours buddy! He was estatic, and we fixed it up so he could ride it. Monroe has to be the Columbia 5 Star Superb, I stared at for 3 days at Memory Lane and was still not bought at Monroe, kudos to the Alaska guy for a great deal! Glad to be the next caretaker of this one!

Purchased this L4 1964 Schwinn DeLuxe American at Monroe from the couple that traveled from Alaska. This bicycle was at Memory Lane for 3 days and no one bought it. Absolutely astonishing original condition, came with og ball light, minty, Schwinn speedometer, low miles and the pair of og tires. Front fender has the 100% American sticker still attached. I had it displayed Sunday and someone had to have it more than me. Another one that came and went.

IMG_0380.JPG

IMG_0381.JPG

IMG_0383.JPG

IMG_0376.JPG

IMG_0379.JPG

IMG_0386.JPG

I finally found and bought a blue Monark Super Deluxe at ML. It's a 1949. I also found the correct grips at Monroe, and a pedestal light that will fill those empty holes. I hope to get those items on it in the next couple weeks. It's pretty nice. It doesn't need much cleanup. I ordered a pair of antique wall US Royal Chain Tires from John. I can't wait to get them on this bike.
I would like to find a pair of Monark lettered black block pedals, or just the blocks. Let me know if you have anything that I might want for this, and if you have a super clean and complete 52 blue Monark Super Deluxe. 😊 Rich and I had a great time at Memory Lane and Monroe!!
Deb

20220428_183901.jpg

20220428_183750.jpg

20220428_183915.jpg

20220428_184004.jpg

20220504_134852.jpg

UPDATED !
Please add corrections . .

View attachment 1619073

BOTTOM ROW, L to R:
Brian Pikeilek,....Joel, Brant Mackley, Buddy, Joe Mikulanis, Eric Rosa, Chuck Rosa, Shawn Sweeney, ...Alan Schmit,....

TOP ROW, L to R:
.... Scott McCaskey,...Joe Dean, Pete Dieterich, Jungle Terry, Mark Gordon, Howard Gordon,...Gary Wold,...Ed Popowitz Catfish,... Don Lowman, ...Bob Kingsbury, Mike Surprenant, Ron, Jesse McCauley, Tina Snyder, Lawrence Behery, Lisa, Sam Fitzsimmons, Bob Snyder, Scott, Shawn, Edwin Moses (hiding),....
Between Brian and Joel is Tim Himes & Chip.

Back