When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone here own a Miami / Flying Merkel Bicycle?

-
Courtesy of Walt A:

067BD878-B7AC-49B5-8EE6-8D02E4F12A55.jpeg

923D2524-6DA6-4CDC-AD8C-88142D06B8F3.jpeg

Killer Flying Merkel swag just arrived in time for the swap season! Greg Merkel is the great grandson of Joseph Merkel and has created these offerings and more. Everything is high quality, the all wool ball cap is actually manufactured in the good ol’USA! Visit www.flyingmerkelinc.com
Shipping is cheap and fast; prices are very fair, plus you are supporting a gent trying to preserve his family legacy.

76160F9B-6EEC-454A-9C57-DB2179F1CCEC.jpeg

Last edited:
Okay Miami mind trust, I'm looking for some info on what I believe is a Maimi motobike carcass. So I'm guessing the front fender is a replacement and the rear is original. The cranks and chainring look possibly Excelsior, but the frame and fork look Miami to me. Fender bridges are beefy as all get up. Bottom bracket is offset. There's a hole for a bottlecap badge. The fork truss braces appear to be Miami along with the small fender mount bolt placement on the front of the fork crown. Serial number is 13344 with an H below (Hudson, Hawthorne, ???). I'm wondering the basics: What year? What might it have been badged? What parts appear to be original? and anything else you'd like to add of course.

As always, you have my sincere thanks.

-Lester

Last edited:
Lester, your frame is 100% Miami, I'll even go as far as saying it has a center drive crank hanger. My guess would be a bottle cap Merkel. I dont think the cranks or fork are correct unless.........this was used post buyout by Columbia. If I had it it would be a Flying Merkel all the way.

Back