When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd Morphey is now SANCTIONED from the Monroe Swap Meet.

-

pkleppert

Finally riding a big boys bike
Todd Morphy and his brother had always been treated to great swap spaces at special savings at Ann Arbor and the Royal Oak swap meet. For whatever reason he decided to scam us out of $900 worth of swap spaces at the Monroe meet and won't even call. He is now sanctioned from the Monroe and Royal Oak Swap Meets.

If you ever have to deal with him in the future make sure you get cash up front.

From my Facebook messages:

Feb. 7, 2022
Tod, Will you be setting up at the Monroe Classic Bicycle Show and Swap Meet on Sunday, May 1st in Monroe, MI. I have a great spot for you if you would get back with me. Paul 248-642-6639

Todd Feb. 8, 2022

gitoq&_nc_ad=z-m&_nc_cid=0&_nc_ht=scontent.fyip1-1.jpg

Yes sir matter fact I got your paperwork today I will give you a call tomorrow if that is fine we are having a winter storm and I am still working thanks.

Todd called the next day and I gave him 1/2 of Bldg "E" (14 swap spaces) for only $500. He said we had a deal!

14 swap spaces at $55 ea and 7 Saturday set ups @20 = $910.

Todd never sent in his payment. Never called again. Never answered my calls to see if he still wanted the spaces.

We were sold out of indoor spaces 4 weeks before the show. We had to turn down more than 14 vendors who needed indoor spaces.

Todd never called and never showed up, so 1/2 of building "E" was empty as the rain started Sunday morning.

So on Wednesday after the show We tried again to contact Todd. He had just posted a message on his Facebook page warning people to watch out for scammers posting on his page:
May 4, 2022, 8:48 PM

You sent​

You are right Tod, people don't like getting scammed. We had a deal for $500 for 1/2 of Bldg. "E". I even called you a week ago to try and verify that you were still coming to the show. Not only did you scam me for the $500 but also the additional $400 I could have received by renting the spaces individually had you told me you weren't interested. It sure put a damper on our greatest show ever!

Thu 10:37 PM

Todd​

gitoq&_nc_ad=z-m&_nc_cid=0&_nc_ht=scontent.fyip1-1.jpg

I will call you on Friday

Fri 10:25 PM

You sent​

It's getting late.

Mon 8:50 PM

You sent​

It's 8:50pm Todd and I'd like to talk to you about the Monroe Show situation. I waited for your call Friday and it never happened. Will you call me tonight? 248-642-6639 in case you forgot.

Todd NEVER called

Barring death or a really significant life event that’s messed up. A permanent “do not deal with” on my list. V/r Shawn

Sorry to inform but I had heard Todd's brother had passed away. Can't confirm as I have been trying to contact. He always has a lot of good bicycles & parts.
I feel this post is bogus as anyone knows most all shows & swaps have a deadline, some even charge more if you do not receive payment by that deadline, anyone that does not make payment by that date, it goes to those that are paying vendors. You snooze you lose. Especially in today's world of instant payment through many different forms. Life Lesson.

Sorry to inform but I had heard Todd's brother had passed away. Can't confirm as I have been trying to contact. He always has a lot of good bicycles & parts.
I feel this post is bogus as anyone knows most all shows & swaps have a deadline, some even charge more if you do not receive payment by that deadline, anyone that does not make payment by that date, it goes to those that are paying vendors. You snooze you lose. Especially in today's world of instant payment through many different forms. Life Lesson.

Back